RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How to get those colors?

Old 12-10-2005, 07:04 AM

Hi - I'm brand new to this forum - I guess this is as good a place as any to jump in!

I'm pretty sure this can be done with a color adjustment layer. Just a guess at the color, but a dark red or maroon (#A80000 or maybe #9A004E) - or maybe leaning more towards the browns (try #BA9570, or #6C4F42) or oranges for a sepia look, set at color burn with a reduced opacity -

you could even duplicate the original, desaturate it, blur it a bit, and place it between the color adjustment layer and the original with a soft light blend.

hope that helps - !
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-11-2005, 02:38 PM

Lighting...

Just from looking at the image I'd say that his key light (brightest) was overhead and to your left (her right) while fill lights were used too - one head level or so to your right (her left), and another very low and soft fill light to your left (her right). I base the use of the last light from looking at the deep folds of material on the lower left (her right) part of her dress and the lack of a harsh nose shadow. Overhead lights would produce harsher shadows, but the material folds are "opened up" just enough to catch detail nicely and not look too dark.

I don't think that he did too much postprocessing at all in PS or anyother software.

Cliff.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching