RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

retouching peach fuzz

Old 12-13-2005, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Thank you, MisterMonday. I use Firefox, but I did find the file (retouche-skin[1].swf is the one under discussion). However, I can not extract either the before or the after images from the shockwave file.
Download this free screen capture camera (free of adware or spyware), select "any rect. area" to snap the before and after images:
http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

Quote:
kev, what are 'backs'? (boy, i need a photography dictionary)
"Backs" mean digital sensor backs attached to the conventional medium-format film camera like Mamiya RZ67/645 or Hassey..etc. These camera can use both interchangeble film backs or digital backs.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 09:19 AM

And they are super expensive to boot!! They are called Backs b/c they'll get you for the shirt on your back... Hopefully you can still afford underwear b/c it would not be a pretty site someone running around shooting with a Back and no clothes!!
Just joking but they are REALLY expensive and not much better than a 1DsMII, some will argue ofcourse, Mainly those who forked out the BIG $$$ for a back, But I have done several test and I use the 1DsMII daily. and saved about 20,000$...
Snook
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snook305
And they are super expensive to boot!! They are called Backs b/c they'll get you for the shirt on your back... Hopefully you can still afford underwear b/c it would not be a pretty site someone running around shooting with a Back and no clothes!!
Just joking but they are REALLY expensive and not much better than a 1DsMII, some will argue ofcourse, Mainly those who forked out the BIG $$$ for a back, But I have done several test and I use the 1DsMII daily. and saved about 20,000$...
Snook

I almost bought a 1DsMKII a bit back. I'll agree that they aren't that much better. I've found a nicer skin tone reproduction from the imacon backs, and had actually considered one before I gave up shooting. Prices have come down somewhat. I think a Mamiya ZD body (22 megapixel sensor) is going for about 14k or so. Imacon has a 16 megapixel back paired up with a 503CW in a kit under 10k. Most people though only use them on big jobs, where they hire a tech who brings a back+portable G5 setup with raid 0 or raid 2 config plus a bunch of other garbage. This goes for between 1200 and 1600 per day. Anyway, back to work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2005, 12:12 AM

Quote:
"Backs" mean digital sensor backs attached to the conventional medium-format film camera like Mamiya RZ67/645 or Hassey..etc. These camera can use both interchangeble film backs or digital backs.
so, this is something you add onto a traditional film camera to make it digital? and i suppose this could work the other way around as well, going digital to film and all you do is replace these 'backs' to make that so?

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2011, 09:14 AM

Re: retouching peach fuzz

You guys have no idea how much time you just saved me with this post! Thank you all, especially Shellby for suggesting the filter. The beauty shot I am working on is beautiful, but the model has the fuzziest face I've ever worked on!

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3286/chinm.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2011, 03:55 PM

Welcome to the forum Merge.

I haven't come across this problem before. I borrowed Merge's pic (hope you don't mind) to have a go at it.

I applied the Dust & Scratches filter and then attacked a Freq Sep with the Healing and Clone tools. I'm really pleased with the result except for the blurred outline of the chin. I can't immediately think of a way round it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peach_fuzz-re-touch.jpg (96.8 KB, 54 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2011, 08:16 PM

That is going to be tough...I used the healing brush and shading.

Butch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FFFC94CDD1D646F7A64F127E66BE49F0[2].jpg (97.7 KB, 49 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 AM

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=641811
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 AM

Use your clone stamp, but make the opacity 50 or 40%. Use it at 100% to remove the hair extending past the chin onto the background. The peach fuzz doesn't have to be completely gone, just knocked way back. I would stay away from filters, and just put in some time cloning. Any splotchiness can be fixed with dodging and burning afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
You guys have no idea how much time you just saved me with this post! Thank you all, especially Shellby for suggesting the filter. The beauty shot I am working on is beautiful, but the model has the fuzziest face I've ever worked on!

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3286/chinm.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching