RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

To All Retouchers

Old 02-06-2006, 07:25 PM

Today i recived an email from them and they sent me two pictures to do. I was wondering when she says send highest jpeg quality, does she mean save it regular or save for web? I just wanted to make sure and not look like an idiot. The reason i ask too has to do with the size issue with my email.

Also she ask me if I wanted to be added to the database to do future pictures for other people. How do you know that this person isn't really saying this to get people to retouch her pictures for free?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2006, 08:12 PM

Save it regular but at the best quality possible. In other words when you do a "save as" and it goes up to 12 (highest quality), pick 12 if you are using photoshop. As for being reputable, I would say from looking at the website that they are the real deal. I know these days it is hard to trust people but that goes for any kind of charity or volunteering. They have to be careful too because a lot of people could turn in their photos to them who had them damaged for something else. I just do it anyways and if it ever turns out that I was taken for a ride, karma will take care of it. I really don't think this is any one just wanting photos done for free. I too got two photos today. I also said it's ok for them to add me. I figure if it gets too much for me or if it really starts getting where it's hard to keep up on my paid business I'll just email them that I'm bogged down. One of the photos looks like a tie dye shirt aaaaaaaah! I just hope they like my work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2006, 09:38 PM

I received my photo from them this afternoon. They informed me I have the last "easy" photo. I mentioned this organization to one of the photographers at my paper and the editors are considering running a story on Operation Photo Rescue.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2006, 10:11 PM

Thanks you for your help twinkissed! I think i will also tell her to add me to their list. It makes me feel better about myself rather then sit around the house and do nothing. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2006, 11:54 PM

Hi everybody!

.... Some feedback from me too ....

I've received 5 pictures from PRO yesterday morning (two of them were real Killers!!!!) .... worked on and sent back 3 of them .... I'll finish the other 2 later today ....

Jen,

twinkissed has already answered about the JPG ... I've also agreed to be 'put' on their database .... You are right to be careful ... but in this case, like twinkissed, I believe that "they are the real deal" and admire them for this wonderful initiative!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2006, 12:28 AM

agreed-- they seem sincere to me. I also got 2 photos today of the "difficult" variety...both required major facial reconstruction (yikes!) one missing a nose altogether and one missing part of the face and arm, and both horribly water damaged/moldy. I feel for these people, I think I will get put one the database aslo and do a few more as time permits. Cheers to everyone slaving over their keyboards to help out!

-Kate
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2006, 04:26 AM

Yeah - I got two pictures in as well, and when they say hard ... they mean it ;-)

Gonna take a while ... but I wanna back up the good initiative!

/megl
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2006, 08:05 AM

Red face would love to help

i teach photoshop at a college here in austin, texas and a couple of my students need a project. this is a perfect win win situation. the only problem is we need the project soon. i would walk them through the whole retouch operation and make sure the recipient is given a quality job. please let me know asap. i have also emailed though the link of one of your thoughtful responders.
good thoughts,
carolyn

www.carolyncoffey.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2006, 08:33 AM

No More Photographs

I applied to help a little late.
They have no more photos to restore at the moment.

If anyone has too many photos or feel they won’t have time to complete what they have been sent then I will help.

Ken.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2006, 08:55 AM

Hi!

Carolyn,

even if you are just 'passing by' ... Welcome to RP!

Ken,

I've sent in the last 2 of my 5 pictures about an hour ago .... Where were you this morning??? I would have loved and taken your offer!!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching