RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Colors for Colorization

Old 03-08-2006, 08:17 AM

beginner woes...

I've been following this thread, first for the interesting discussion re: colorization, then the questions posed regarding beginners here and how best to address their questions and concerns. As a quasi beginner myself (I know just enough to wander off and get realllllly good and lost ), I have admittedly been at a loss when trying to follow some of the threads and explanations as they were beyond my limited knowledge. No matter, I read anyway figuring eventually it's all going to start to come together and if I ran across a term I didn't know, well hey, the internet is fabulous for that; a quick googling and I was on my way again armed with just a little more knowledge than last time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by byRo
Exactly! Taking your example...For this to work well - the second graders should teach the first graders, the third teach the second, and so on......
I'd say we already have the 3rd graders teaching the 2nd, 1st and so on, it's just that sometimes the 3rd graders are talking amongst themselves, not realizing the 2nd graders are listening in and don't understand some of the "big words"!! I think the key is ask questions, ask questions, ask questions - whether you ask google or one of the 3rd graders. Admittedly, I have thought, "ugh, I hate to post to ask what that means. I KNOW that's something simple." so I googled, but I really doubt anyone here is going to bite someone's head off for even the simplest of questions. On the contrary, everyone has seemed only too glad to help when asked! Also, in my quest for answers or acquiring a basis to understand the more complicated threads here, I came across numerous sites that offer information along those lines. There is no shortage of photoshop tutorials out there and many of them are of the beginner variety. I'd be happy to pass along what I've found if anyone cares to have those links, but it was just a matter of conducting a search.

Wow, that was a bit more wordy than intended! Although I've been of the lurking variety here, I do want to say thanks for all the great information through the give and take between the people here. It really is a wonderful site and I'm learning so much.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2006, 01:43 PM

Hi everybody,

Rô is right...
Quote:
This thread seems to have been somewhat hijacked - but seeing as the subject is interesting, I'll jump in too!
.... But since this topic has drawn a lot of interestI think it's only right to put it on its own Thread! ....

I'm going to split the Threads ... jus keep your finger crossed!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-07-2006, 09:40 AM

Re: Colors for Colorization

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioj
Great work!!!

Does neatimage works on Mac?

i use noise ninja for mac...it's kind of pricey but there is a photoshop plugin and standalone app.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching