|Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.|
| ||Thread Tools|
Help on image please
i am trying to get this kind of effect on my image. i've been trying all sorts of curves. anybody knows how to get this effect? how do i get that yellow light thing?
hope somebody has the time for this, thanks alot.
- Do basic corrections. Light, Curves, Color, Saturation and so on. Lower saturation a bit though
- Create a 50% gray overlay layer and paint the shadows manually. I know it's cumbersome but most images you probably have are with a different lighting condition so that's the only way to recreate shadows.
- Use same layer to create highlights or use the high-pass filter (not much!) to bring the highlights back to life.
About the yellow tone, plain yellow lightens up the picture too much. It's probably a duotone layer.
Here's a real simple way you could do in a couple minutes.
1) duplicate the bg layer and change this layer to b&w. (Channel Mixer is the best way for this, but use whatever method you're comfortable with.)
2) change this layers' blend mode to Multiply and reduce the opacity - you'll see the effect take shape immediately.
3) then make a couple of adjustment layers using colour correction tools to get it to look as you want. If you don't know how to use adjustment layers, then go ahead and use your favourite colour correction tool such as curves, colour balance, or whatever. Interestingly, Selective Color is a good one to tweak the colours, particularly Selective Color>Whites/Neutrals, then - for you - play with the blue/yellow sliders in particular while maniputing the whites/neutrals in selective color, and go from there.
Patrick also mentioned duotones. This is also a great way to do this effect.
As a final touch you can try making a luminosity selection to a new layer and desaturating it quite a bit. This way the lighter part of the image begins to loose color while the darker part stays much richer.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Convert a square image to a round image.||PastBilly||Image Help||9||08-21-2013 01:49 AM|
|Tutorial 05: Converting a Color Image to Black and White grayscale BW||DannyRaphael||Photo-Art 101||17||05-22-2011 04:55 PM|
|Image Retouching Business Proposal||Timebiz||Classifieds||0||04-23-2007 03:48 AM|
|Image From Parts of Multiple Images||Cameronch||Photoshop Scripting||3||08-02-2005 02:11 AM|
|Tutorial 06: Pencil sketch||DannyRaphael||Photo-Art 101||19||04-10-2004 12:06 PM|