RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Shiseido summer collection

Old 05-15-2006, 06:07 PM

Hi Giga,
Sorry I took so long to post, but here are the steps I used. I think I have most of them down.

The first I used a filter/sharpen/unsharped mask about 80, 3, 0

Next thing I did was to use the curves adjustment layer and i really lightened up the picture. then I painted back in some of the face because it was too light. I think this maybe the most important.

I also used a layers mask and painted in some more of the face from the original layer.

I think on the layer 1 i used an adjustment/photo filter and I changed the color to a warm yellow. something like 241, 189, 90 ??

then I added some more canvas and made a background layer with a gradient, foreground to background, using the color picker I chose a light gold and a medium brown, and the linear gradient.

Next I used the dodge tool and burned away some of the hair on the one outer edge to make it less distinct. I think I used the tool on her forehead and check too. Then to redefine I used the burn tool to darken some of the hair just by her face. also I burned in some shadows on the right hand side of the photo.

Finally on layer 1 I painted on the layer mask to blend/soften the photo into the background.

I tipped the photo slightly making it more dynamic, and having some extra canvas gives it more of an airy feel.

I hope this helps.

cathy
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching