Let me add a remark please: The images are very poor, almost no tonal range and underexposed. It's almost impossible to get the results you want to go for by retouching if the basic material is missing. Try to shoot with proper exposure next time. Darkening it is far more better than lightening up underexposed areas.
Here is my picture...I will share psd file if anyone like this one...I'm not very happy about retouching to the borader of plastic fantastic, but I tried to get it as real as possible...
PATRICK: The thing about retcouch is really to get a bad picture to loog great...therefor the photographer chose those pictures for us to have a go at! maybe he likes some of the retouches we and send us a email, and away we go to stardom,
well, please mail me at if u want the psd...there are 2 psd-files on 7mb in total!
this was fun.
It was easier because the images where so low-res.
This is what I did:
1) remove blemishes, fixed hairline and worked a little her waist to make her a bit more curved.
2) balanced the exposure a little and boost a little the contrast
3) then remove some noise and sharpen a little.
4) painted over another layer some highlights to give the "oily" effect and flattened the image.
5) once flattened selected via selective color the skin and de-saturated it
6) the mess a little with the curves.
I saved some variations as i worked and came out with 4 options
a) regular b) sharper c) darker d) washed.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What To Charge for Freelance Retouching in the UK?||Chiefretouch||Work/Jobs||18||01-02-2012 10:21 PM|
|Anecdotes from your retouching jobs||Doug Nelson||Work/Jobs||17||10-24-2010 10:45 PM|
|A Question To Ant About Fine Jewelry Retouching||SteveB2005||Photo Retouching||5||10-15-2009 02:01 PM|
|Retouching Assistants?||Calden||Work/Jobs||1||04-11-2007 11:01 AM|
|Video DVD on Dior Glamour Retouching? Worth Doing?||ray12||Photo Retouching||14||04-06-2007 07:41 PM|