RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Remote Collaberation

Old 06-16-2006, 09:42 AM

again, anyone around that wants to see if we can figure out a way to do it? cant do it by myself, lol.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2006, 01:53 AM

Hi biskit27,

Quote:
Originally Posted by biskit27
again, anyone around that wants to see if we can figure out a way to do it? cant do it by myself, lol.
... Even though, theoretically, I think it is a great idea, beside the technical problems of different time zones etc., personally, maybe because of my little knowledge in the field, I am very paranoid about 'opening' my computer wide to the internet .... I've heard/read too many 'horror' stories .... It's very sad that honest, well-meaning people are being scared away from taking advantage of an otherwise great possibility... but this is how I feel about it...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2006, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Hi biskit27,

... Even though, theoretically, I think it is a great idea, beside the technical problems of different time zones etc., personally, maybe because of my little knowledge in the field, I am very paranoid about 'opening' my computer wide to the internet .... I've heard/read too many 'horror' stories .... It's very sad that honest, well-meaning people are being scared away from taking advantage of an otherwise great possibility... but this is how I feel about it...
depending on how it was set up yeah, I can understand that though, arg, not that many people I really talk to are heavy into the retouching etc, Ill have to call around and look for someone who wants to try it out, if i end up figuring it out, ill write a tutorial or something
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2006, 07:22 AM

I've got "RDC" (Remote Desktop Connection), "AstroShareMacX", and "Share My Desktop" for Mac. They run under OSX.3.9. Needs your ip-address to log onto your computer. Ideal for remote system administration and/or as a helpdesk.

However, you don't want to send your ip-address in the clear on open forums like this!

OK, so you want to collaborate on a specific file. But be aware, that if you use a remote desktop manager, you give the other person acces to your whole computer. Not just that one file!
So you had better know that other person very well before you do that!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2006, 07:20 AM

If anyones intrested, I'm going to be working with two programers on developing a program that does what I was asking about, the ability to work remotely in real time with other people on a photoshop document.

We're going to be starting work on it in the next few months, I'll keep you guys updated if theres any interest!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching