RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Has anyone read Photoshop magazine this month?

Old 07-13-2006, 08:11 AM

Thank you for helping Nancy. Don't worry about Patrick. It's easy to tell that he's not socially adept. He's a peasant to me. Once again, I appreciate all those that helped out thus far...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roah
Thank you for helping Nancy. Don't worry about Patrick. It's easy to tell that he's not socially adept. He's a peasant to me. Once again, I appreciate all those that helped out thus far...
Theres no need for you to be rude either. Two wrongs dont make a right
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJ
Theres no need for you to be rude either. Two wrongs dont make a right
You're right, but I got my point across. You and I will get along just fine...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 08:22 AM

Mate,

yesterday you didn't even know the basics of Photoshop:

I wasn't trying to disrespect at all. It just didn't work for me, but the other tutorials so far have been great. How do I make a selection? What tool do I use? I still getting used to CS2.

I might have been harsh, you are insulting, big difference. End of discussion
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickB
Mate,

yesterday you didn't even know the basics of Photoshop:

I wasn't trying to disrespect at all. It just didn't work for me, but the other tutorials so far have been great. How do I make a selection? What tool do I use? I still getting used to CS2.

I might have been harsh, you are insulting, big difference. End of discussion
Yet you still had to respond. Don't get mad, because I put you in your place *lol* Do me a favor and stay out of my way in the future and everything will be lovely....
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roah
You're right, but I got my point across. You and I will get along just fine...
Not with that attitude we wont. We are a strong community and if your current behavior persists you will certainly not be making any friends around here.

I defended you because I felt Patrick was out of line, while his points may have been valid, the aggressive delivery was unnecessary. Your retaliation was equally rude and unnecessary.

There are a lot of very experienced and helpful people on this forum who go to great lengths to help newbies but a little humility goes a long way. You have to accept your status as a newbie, be polite to those offering assistance and dont try to walk before you can run.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 11:14 AM

Just to add on to what NancyJ was saying......this place is a gold mine, learned more here in the last year than in most books. Also made some great contacts/friends.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 11:31 AM

Yes Nancy,

you were right in saying I'm a bit "off the honeybunny-speech" here

But the reason was NOT to say "Hey I...! Go get some skills, then come back!". Well, basically it was, although not that much. It just annoys me seeing people popping in and yelling "Hey what's going on, I read a tutorial and don't understand it. It's bad. How do I work with Photoshop, I installed it 5 minutes ago and still can't do as good as Erwin Olaf! What are layers and how do I make a selection?".

I know what a pain Photoshop is. Today I/we are using it right like driving a car. Try to start your engine, crash into the next gas-station, climb out and yell to the race-driver around "Hey, what's going on, I just skimmed thru the
manual of the car. I'm a pro now, how do I drive faster than Schuhmacher?" Will that work?

And people like this telling they put me into place don't make me more helpful either...

About the topic: It's first hi-pass sharpen, cleanup, color-adjustment and some excessive paint with light here. But don't ask me how, I have too little experience in the program and lack common sense, so I'm absolutely not qualified
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 08:27 PM

Has anyone read Photoshop magazine this month?

Just some comments as a relatively new member to this forum. While reading the posts for the past six months, I have learned a great deal, I have found some members who have been extremely helpful and informative to many of us who post, at times, very basic questions. For myself, I have been a photographer for the past thirty years, and only converted to digital four years ago. I feel, I have learned a lot during the past four years, but I also know I have a long way to go. With regards to digital, I have gone to various photography and photoshop seminars, I am constantly reading books and magazines, I visit websites, and I do practice and experiment. Many of the very good digital photographers and artists, often mentioned at this site, have a "look" and "feel" that one can't find in a book. If I ask if someone knows how to create a look, it is only to learn a new approach/method that I wish to add to my "toolbox". I have no desire to copy someone else's look...I do want to create my own, but I am certain I would use what have learned from the "masters" as most artists tend to do.

So the original question that started this thread I thought was a good one. I too saw this photo in photoshop and wondered the process used to create this look. If you can't ask within this forum...where can one ask? As Rho recently responded to a member: "there is no stupid question".

My two cents...sky
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 08:33 PM

I also found this link interesting

[URL=http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13899]
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching