RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Has anyone read Photoshop magazine this month?

Old 07-10-2006, 08:48 AM

Has anyone read Photoshop user for June 2006?

What's going on people. I'm new to photoshop and I'm trying to retouch some photos. There was a picture in Photoshop User that was in the contest section and the pic won best retouch. The skin was draker and the eyes stood out in the pic. I'm trying to get my pictures to look like that. I don't have a scanner to scan the pic i'm referring to but is there a step-by-step guide on this ite to retouching? Any help would be appreciated...

Last edited by Roah; 07-10-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2006, 09:18 AM

Uhm, there are a lot of tutorials on retouchpro, maybe you want to try out the tutorials-section?

And about your image: How are we supposed to help if nobody knows the picture. btw, there are hundreds of photoshop-magazines out there...

Patrick
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2006, 03:02 PM

Draker or Drager

Hi Roah,
Welcome to Retouch Pro, not having read the magazine in question I wondered if the technique you were describing was Drager (Andre Drager or Painting with Light) try this link if this is the case http://www.bechbox.dk/pwl/ and good luck'
Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2006, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS
Hi Roah,
Welcome to Retouch Pro, not having read the magazine in question I wondered if the technique you were describing was Drager (Andre Drager or Painting with Light) try this link if this is the case http://www.bechbox.dk/pwl/ and good luck'
Dave
The mag was Photoshop user, but this looks like what I'm trying to do. Thanks a bunch. I'm going to buy the mag and get it scanned so you can see what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roah
The mag was Photoshop user, but this looks like what I'm trying to do. Thanks a bunch. I'm going to buy the mag and get it scanned so you can see what I'm talking about.
Is this the one you are talking about. If so, it's in the June issue of Photoshop User.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ps_daniels.jpg (81.3 KB, 169 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWThomp
Is this the one you are talking about. If so, it's in the June issue of Photoshop User.
YOU GOT IT!! That is the pic I'm talking about! How do I get my pic to look like that? Can you help me by giving me step-by-step instructions?

Last edited by Roah; 07-11-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2006, 07:15 AM

upping the thread...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 07:50 AM

Hey, sure I can:

1. Go buy a licensed version of Photoshop
2. Work your way through the tutorials to learn about the basic usage of the program
3. Find, read and learn some tutorials here and out on the net about basic retouching techniques.
4. Come back here occasionally and ask other retouchers about what to do if you have a specific problem.
5. Continue for around one or two years
6. THEN, try to do what this first prize winner did.

Sorry for that offensive post, but from the threads you have posted yet it looks as if you have not a single minute experience with retouching or the software and want us to teach you everything within a minute or so. That'll hardly work.

Patrick

PS: If it's just a single picture, you might get one to do it for you by friendly asking.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickB
Hey, sure I can:

2. Work your way through the tutorials to learn about the basic usage of the program
3. Find, read and learn some tutorials here and out on the net about basic retouching techniques.
4. Come back here occasionally and ask other retouchers about what to do if you have a specific problem.

Sorry for that offensive post, but from the threads you have posted yet it looks as if you have not a single minute experience with retouching or the software and want us to teach you everything within a minute or so. That'll hardly work.

Patrick

PS: If it's just a single picture, you might get one to do it for you by friendly asking.
Theres really no need to be rude.

to the OP. After basic cleanup and correction, looks to me like a multiply layer has been used (probably using the green on blue channel) finished off with some masking and hand manipulation on the eyes
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2006, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickB
Hey, sure I can:

Patrick

1. I wasn't aware that you know what I bought. You got me feeling like I'm Rockwell. I don't remember you being there when I bought it, much less chipping in cash for the progam.

2. I've been working with the tutorials thus far

3. See above

4. That's why I'm here. Think man. I'm guessing you weren't around when they were passing out common sense.

5. I'm here for the long haul.

6. I'm a perfectionist in what ever I do. It's guys like that that inspire me and I don't mind putting in the work. I did it for salsa, music production, and writing, and I'm not about to let you tell me what I can attempt and not attempt.

In conclusion, I don't give two ****s about your apology. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. That's what I did to you, and I'm not taking it back. If you want to help, that's cool and it's appreciated, but you don't need to attempt to belittle me just because I'm new to the program. Believe it or not there was a time you weren't good at the program. I came to this site, because there were certain things I want to do with the program and I'm not above asking people how have experience in the program who can help me step up.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching