Thank you for your kind comment.... I did exactly what Ro did..... "I just sortta threw eveything at it - twice.
Actually, I took one of my previous versions on which I'd:
* Used the clone tool (for skin imperfections)
* Did a (probably more than 1) Levels adj. layer for darkening the darks
* I started doing kinda overkill on the makeup since he wanted a glam look by reshaping eyebrows (clone tool) then darkening them..... I whitened eye whites, added the crescent shape lighter area on the irises using a Color Dodge adj. layer, darkened the iris rings using a Color Burn adj. layer, then used another Color Burn adj. layer to darken eye shadow.
* Flattened it all
* Used Ctrl + J to duplicate that layer
* On the new layer I Blurred it using a Photoshop pluggin "namesupressed"
* Then set the blurred layer's Blend Mode to "Screen" and adjusted opacity
Saved that whole mess . . . got to thinking she'd look good with bangs and I took some hair from another photo, copied it to this picture then blurred it's layer til it was somewhat the same blurriness of the blonde lady's picture.
* Flattened everything
* Ctrl + J to duplicate layer
* On dup. layer I used Smudge Tool (set to Darken using high opacity brush)
* Smudged the outline of the new, red hair to soften edges
* Flattened again
* Darkened lips with Color Burn layer blurred a little
* Flattened once more
* Selected lips, copied, pasted
* On that layer used Filter>Artistic>Plastic Wrap and made her lips shiny
* Flattened then used the Color Dodge Tool set to Dodge Highlights just to add the extra white dot on her lips.
* May have Ctrl + J and blurred that layer but erased over eyes, lips to retain a little sharpness
* Flattened and was done (not counting cropping)
I also did Ctrl + J and set that layer's blend mode to Soft Light with low opacity to make the red head on the right . . .
I'm sorry if I went into too much detail..... I've learned SO much here and just try to say "thank you everyone" by returning the favor whenever possible.
Thanks Luchia . . . after being away from this post for awhile, I looked at her again (as a red head) and think I've turned her into a video game character. . . I've been wanting to try 3D stuff so .... hhmmm ......
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Help with refining commercial glam look||FrankD||Photo Retouching||16||08-20-2006 05:40 AM|
|from bland to glam||jammar190||Photo Retouching||28||10-02-2005 12:13 AM|