RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Drawn Picture- But how?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 08-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Photo678's Avatar
Photo678 Photo678 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 328
it says in the artist comment section "HDRi"=high dynamic range image, combination of multiple exposures of the same scene with varying levels of transparency
Reply With Quote top
  #12  
Old 08-23-2006, 07:07 PM
singlo singlo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london
Posts: 78
I am impressed with the Photomatix tonal mapping..so impressed that i bought a copy....it would take me 20 minute to simulate HDR effects manually using PS layer masks of bracketed image layers(without CS2 HDR conversion etc...). With Photomatix, it only takes a few minutes to get the same result. Besides it can work with 8-bit jpegs without the need of raw files!

HDRShop can create HDRI with more additional functions but very expensive:

http://gl.ict.usc.edu/HDRShop/
Reply With Quote top
  #13  
Old 08-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Nanls's Avatar
Nanls Nanls is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: REDONDO BEACH, Ca
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Conway
Will the Lucis Art plugin work with Paint Shop Pro, or will it work with PS 6?

That's fantastic!!!!

Steve
I don't know Steve. The people there are really nice, and I'm sure could answer any questions. Here is the website: http://www.lucisart.com/

~Nancy~

_______________________________________________
www.photoart123.com
Reply With Quote top
  #14  
Old 08-24-2006, 03:45 AM
DannyRaphael's Avatar
DannyRaphael DannyRaphael is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA
Posts: 6,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Conway
Will the Lucis Art plugin work with Paint Shop Pro, or will it work with PS 6?

That's fantastic!!!!

Steve
Caution. This is a pretty spendy plugin and based on my experience with it (before I sold it -- too few uses for the work I do; some effects were totally useless), IMO it would not achieve the look of the subject image.

Unfortnately the demo only lets you assess results in the thumbnail screen about 2" x 2", which is not nearly large enough to make an intelligent assessment of the final result.

Since it worked under PS7, I cannot imagine it not working with PS6 or PSP, but as Nancy suggested it wouldn't hurt to check.

Your mileage will vary.
Reply With Quote top
  #15  
Old 08-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Yoolan Yoolan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 41
all my trys are useless. its so hard to get a similar result.
Reply With Quote top
  #16  
Old 08-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Steve Conway's Avatar
Steve Conway Steve Conway is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,272
Thanks for the advice Danny. Am hearing both sides...mostly pretty positive. As I probably won't be using it commercially It may work ok for me. I am getting a 15% discount also, but will try the demo.

Wish I had known you had it for sale before you got rid of it.

Thanks much.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael
Caution. This is a pretty spendy plugin and based on my experience with it (before I sold it -- too few uses for the work I do; some effects were totally useless), IMO it would not achieve the look of the subject image.

Unfortnately the demo only lets you assess results in the thumbnail screen about 2" x 2", which is not nearly large enough to make an intelligent assessment of the final result.

Since it worked under PS7, I cannot imagine it not working with PS6 or PSP, but as Nancy suggested it wouldn't hurt to check.

Your mileage will vary.
Reply With Quote top
  #17  
Old 08-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Steve Conway's Avatar
Steve Conway Steve Conway is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,272
Thanks Nancy. Appreciate your feedback & will contact the folks there.

Steve


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanls
I don't know Steve. The people there are really nice, and I'm sure could answer any questions. Here is the website: http://www.lucisart.com/

~Nancy~

_______________________________________________
www.photoart123.com
Reply With Quote top
  #18  
Old 08-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Steve Conway's Avatar
Steve Conway Steve Conway is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,272
Nancy, am playing with Lucis Art Plugin demo. Can you tell me the settings you used for this image?

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanls
here is the image Swampy supplied with the Lucis Art filter.

~Nancy

____________________________________________
www.photoart123.com
Reply With Quote top
  #19  
Old 08-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Photo678's Avatar
Photo678 Photo678 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoolan
all my trys are useless. its so hard to get a similar result.
there is no magic plugin that will take one picture and achieve this effect. You need to bracket your shots +2 -2 and then combine them.

Most of the plugins are dependent on knowing what you are doing in camera
Reply With Quote top
  #20  
Old 08-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Nanls's Avatar
Nanls Nanls is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: REDONDO BEACH, Ca
Posts: 566
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Conway
Nancy, am playing with Lucis Art Plugin demo. Can you tell me the settings you used for this image?

Steve
Sure Steve... close anyway. I "believe" I used Whyeth: radial button "3" Mix "33" and then once again with "exposure" on the same settings (or maybe a little less). You'll have to play, but it is close. I have the mac version. Don't know if it differs from the PC version or not. I really like this filter and I do use it quite a bit, unlike some of the other filters I have purchased.
Have fun!

~Nancy~
______________________________________________
www.photoart123.com
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glamour retouch challenge here!!!! superkoax Photo Retouching 332 02-08-2011 08:52 PM
picture piglet91 Image Help 1 07-13-2007 06:40 PM
RetouchPro Picture Archive Cameraken Website Feedback 1 10-16-2006 03:09 AM
How to take a good picture of a picture to be restored dipech Image Help 5 07-10-2003 11:35 AM
Picture Rising into another picture??? kscoxie Photo Restoration 2 05-02-2002 12:30 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved