RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Can These Be Created With Photoshop?

Old 08-28-2006, 10:58 PM

Post Can These Be Created With Photoshop?

Kewords search: Color, color, effect, effect.

Hi!

I have seen this effect several times but since I am not a photographer and I am not an advanced PS user I thought I could ask you guys on this one.

___ 1. I found a picture of Mr Tom Jones on the Internet where it looks like it is a very early evening in the background with him in the front very lit up.
Is this a lighting effect done at the time of shooting the picture or is it created with Photoshop? If so, Can it be accomplished with levels or curves the right way?___ What is this effect called?

____ 2. I also found a picture of a car where the background looks very clear buy it looks to be very white at the same time. I know this one can be done with Photoshop. Can this effect be created with levels, monocrome colors, or color balance?___
[COLOR=DarkRed]

Quote:
PS. I took the liberty to add two keywords at the top of this thread to help others find this threads later. I have noticed that when you do a search on the threads for something you have read, it takes a lot of time to find it so I have decided to type keywords that would help find this thread in case anyone would like to see it again and does not remember where it was posted. I tested the search by putting the two words "color color" in the search box and it works. If everyone would put a keyword that would categorizethe threads specifically it would help and it would save a lot of time. Please let me know if this is against rules on the forum. If it is, I will not do it again. Thank you!
!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TJones.jpg (94.7 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg car.jpg (41.5 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by Donamai; 08-28-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2006, 11:07 PM

the tom jones picture is probably done in camera....photographer had a few strobers on mr jones, and left the shutter open for a smidge to pick up some background details.

you can sort of accomplish this effect in photoshop if you have a proper exposed picture, mask out the subject (select the subject with the lasso and invert the selection), then tweak your levels or curves to darken out the background.

The auto image is probably a composite in photshop as that looks more digital to me, same idea as above though, but instead of darkening the background, lighten it up.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-29-2006, 04:25 AM

I agree with Photo. Tom Jones was done in studio. (You're certainly not gonna catch Tom Jones in that pose candidly...LOL)

The car was certainly "shopped". The give away is the shadow under the car. Too dark and too well defined for so much ambient light.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-29-2006, 06:12 AM

Don
have a read through this thread for the car image although not 100% what you are looking for it is along the same lines ( cspringer is very helpful )

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/software/14086-airbrushed-look-cars.html

Palms
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching