RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How to find a pro. to 'morph' facial features for symmetry, etc?

Old 08-29-2006, 11:30 PM

How to find a pro. to 'morph' facial features for symmetry, etc?

I don't like the way my cheeks look on pictures, they are too round and low on my face. They look almost like chipmunk cheeks when I smile. Is it possible to have them look 'higher' and lifted on my face through retouching? I think it's called morphing, when it's done in plastic surgery offices to simulate surgical procedures?
How do I search for person who does this professionally? Is it the same as retouching? I thought it would require a different skill, to make features look almost surgically enhanced.
Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Patron

Yep, if I have understood you correctly, what you are asking does fall into the realm of digital/photographic image retouching where those kinds of adjustments and much, much more are typical. And yes it does require skill and good eye for detail to acheive realistic/natural results whilst trying not to alter the subject's features and appearance too drastically. There is a classifides section on this forum HERE
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2006, 01:09 PM

hi artmy and welcome to RP.

'morphing' is a biti different than what you're talking about. morphing in digital terms is taking two different images and having one turn into the other. like, if you had a picture of yourself and a cat and you wanted to turn your picture into the cat picture.

what you want can be done, however, in most any decent graphic editor. it can be done several ways. one simple way is to simply change the shadows. makeup artists do the same thing with makeup. you darken where you want things to seem further away or having more depth and brighten where you want them to seem closer or more prominent.

another way is to 'warp' the image. this actually rearranges the picture elements (pixels) of the image. so, you could actually 'move' the cheeks higher.

another way would be to use makeup on your own face that accomplishes what the makeup artists do and then take the picture.

and yet another way is to get a good photographer that knows how to light an image to give the appearance a different look.

if you'd like, you can post an image and have some of us who practice and help out do a little work on. it's a lot easier to demonstrate when we have an actual image.

craig
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching