RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Too Much Flash

Old 10-24-2006, 01:24 PM

Re: Too Much Flash

well, typical for me, i posted this last night and as i looked at it today, i went, 'what in the world was i thinking?' so, here's an updated version. the last had way too much red in it.

i ran the same image but used a hue/sat layer and a color balance layer to adjust the reds down.

(and i'll probably look at it tomorrow and go, 'boy, i must have been out of my mind' )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg retouchpro-1-k-1c.jpg (89.1 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2006, 10:13 PM

Re: Too Much Flash

Here is what I would do.
Convert to CMYK, duplicate background layer and make a 4c alpha channel to get maximum detail of what the photo has. You do this by command clicking the CMYK channel in the channels pallete which turns all information present into a selection, then click the mask icon at the bottom of the channel pallete. It gives you a grey scale map of your information present. Duplicate that channel and keep it as a "master detail" From there you can isolate natural contours of the face by pushing and pulling curves on the channel and painting in the rest. Once you have your shadow isolated, command click that alpha to convert it into a selection. Now on a new layer set to multiply paint in shadow detail with an appropriate color. Repeat steps for highlights and mids. Then begin color work utilizing adjustment layers with layer masks built from the master detail layer to isolate areas of concentration. After color correction is complete, select all layer except background layer and hit command + option + E. This stamps the layers together above selected layers. Clean up blemishes and save.

Here is a 10 minute quickie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg retouch_dv.jpg (52.0 KB, 21 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching