RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Suggestion?

Old 11-03-2006, 07:59 PM

Re: Swampy+

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbach
Well I did the Swampy crop and levels and added neat image. Nothing more.
It looks good, Phil. It appears you used more blurring with Neat Image.

Sylvia
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2006, 08:05 PM

Re: Suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
thanks, sylvia there's a bit more that could be done, now that i look at it again posted here. there's still a bit too much texture/splotchiness in the face but that's easily corrected.

if you notice his original hair, you'll see that part of it is blacked out/smudged/stained all black. i had to add some highlights there to make it look more natural. i actually did that with cloning from other highlights in the hair.

and the camera left side of the suit was too badly stained. much easier in this case to simply take the camera right half and paste it in camera left.

i wasnt sure what you wanted to do with the framing, so i left it in. you might think about getting the whole framing in the scan. it seems like a nice frame.
What you did was very nice but some of it was beyond my skill level such as replacing the left or right side of the suit. Great solution but I haven't learned anything about that yet. The frame was actually cut off on the picture I had so all I have to work with are the top and bottom parts of the frame. What you did was very good.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2006, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoshop_boy
here's my go, notice any changes
Very nice! I LOVE his new tie!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradR
Hi,

So, this is a color version i've done. Hope you like it

Greetings,
Konrad
I never even considered colorizing him. Nice colors!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2006, 09:14 AM

sylvia,

doing the copying of the one side to the other isnt too difficult. you simply make a selection of the good side, mirror it, make a new blank layer to put it on, paste it down and then touch it up with smudge or clone.

because this was an easy selection (no hair or rough edges or anything to deal with) i simply used 'edit selection' in psp. this allows you to paint on the area you want selected. you use the grayscale shades to do the painting. completely white means completely opaque and a solid black erases the paint. grays inbetween the white and black give you a semi-opaque selection based on how dark or light the gray is. when you've got it how you want it, you simply hit edit selection again to convert your 'paint' to a selection.

from there you pick 'promote selection to new layer' and it takes just the selected part and puts it on a new layer. you then remove the 'marching ants' of the selection with your selection tool. simply right click over it with that and it pastes the selection down and is no longer a selection and you're left with just the image part.

you then select that layer, if it' not selected already, and use 'mirror' to flop it over, as if you were now seeing it in a mirror. use the move tool to move it over to the other side of the suit and drop it where you want it.

you can combine a couple of those steps by simply mirroring it while it's still a selection and move it with the selection tool too. then simply right click to remove it as a selection.

if you're using photoshop instead of psp, i'm pretty sure the same procedure works there, but some things may have different names. check this web site for help on translating psp into ps and ps into psp: THIS LINK
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching