RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Cameraken's Avatar
Cameraken Cameraken is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lancashire (UK)
Posts: 1,158
Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

Hi Everyone

I have just completed the restoration of an old wedding photo from 1968.- A Bride and Groom cutting the cake with Yellow and Orange and White flowers on the table and a cream/yellow wall in the background.

She would like a title on the mount (Names and Date)

Could anyone please suggest a good font to use for the title? And perhaps colour. (Black looks a little formal)

Also I was thinking of putting a couple of scrolls? At the corners of the border. Does anyone have a link to something suitable?

Thanks for your help

Ken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ken_Wedding.jpg (97.6 KB, 68 views)
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
dkcoats dkcoats is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The frozen North
Posts: 519
Re: Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

I'd probably use something scripty or calligraphic. if it were me. Here are a few I have (for some reason) on my system. I sampled colors from the flowers. Or you might try something with a layer style.

I've never gone looking for ornamental thingies but they must be out there somewhere.

Hope this helps.

dc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg typesamples.jpg (99.5 KB, 71 views)
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 12-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Frank Lopes's Avatar
Frank Lopes Frank Lopes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Hemisphere
Posts: 889
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

Try some of these:

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameraken
Hi Everyone

I have just completed the restoration of an old wedding photo from 1968.- A Bride and Groom cutting the cake with Yellow and Orange and White flowers on the table and a cream/yellow wall in the background.

She would like a title on the mount (Names and Date)

Could anyone please suggest a good font to use for the title? And perhaps colour. (Black looks a little formal)

Also I was thinking of putting a couple of scrolls? At the corners of the border. Does anyone have a link to something suitable?

Thanks for your help

Ken.
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 12-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Cameraken's Avatar
Cameraken Cameraken is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lancashire (UK)
Posts: 1,158
Re: Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

Hi DC

Thanks. I’m not very good with this sort of stuff. The last time I did something like this I used Letraset (Remember That)
http://www.letraset.com/shopdisplayc...&ssctn=default

Hi Frank
Thanks for the link
I have used Dafont to locate fonts before. Never thought to look there. I even found a font called Weddings.

I did also find this site with some nice stuff
http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Wedding.html

I’m Sure she will be happy as long as I get their name in

Thanks Again.

Ken.
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 12-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Craig Walters's Avatar
Craig Walters Craig Walters is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: somewhere over there
Posts: 8,786
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

ken,

i looked at that second site you linked to and that music nearly drove me crazy... couldnt stay long
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 12-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Gary Richardson's Avatar
Gary Richardson Gary Richardson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 2,717
Re: Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
ken,

i looked at that second site you linked to and that music nearly drove me crazy... couldnt stay long
That's why I always have my speakers switched off except for when I'm listening to my music.

Last edited by Gary Richardson; 12-05-2006 at 03:44 PM. Reason: couldn't spell "off"
Reply With Quote top
  #7  
Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 PM
MargaretM MargaretM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Largo, Fl
Posts: 282
Re: Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

I've used Monotype Corsiva with wedding pics before - it's a standard font but elegant and vintage looking. I'd go for somewhere between silver and black (I think).
MargaretM
Reply With Quote top
  #8  
Old 12-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Frank Lopes's Avatar
Frank Lopes Frank Lopes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Hemisphere
Posts: 889
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

DC,

where did you get the Bickham Script Pro font?
Is it free? Or do you know who sells it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcoats
I'd probably use something scripty or calligraphic. if it were me. Here are a few I have (for some reason) on my system. I sampled colors from the flowers. Or you might try something with a layer style.

I've never gone looking for ornamental thingies but they must be out there somewhere.

Hope this helps.

dc
Reply With Quote top
  #9  
Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Cameraken's Avatar
Cameraken Cameraken is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lancashire (UK)
Posts: 1,158
Re: Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

Hi Frank

I checked on that. I found it here

http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_1736.html

It’s pricey for a ‘one off’

Craig
I was at that link for a while but I did not hear any music

I guess that’s the advantage of using a modem

Ken.
Reply With Quote top
  #10  
Old 12-06-2006, 08:20 AM
dkcoats dkcoats is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The frozen North
Posts: 519
Re: Wedding Scrolls and Fonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lopes
where did you get the Bickham Script Pro font?
Is it free? Or do you know who sells it?
Hmm. I have no idea where I got it, I'm sorry to say. I'm sure, though, that wherever it was, I didn't pay for it. It may have come with an earlier version of PS or with InDesign. Or something. Sorry.

dc
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved