RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

keeping "theme" in a series of photos

Old 12-15-2006, 12:37 PM

keeping "theme" in a series of photos

Well, this is retouching for me...I have done dodging and burning, removing wrinkles, ceaning the picture up real good basically...But when I come to the colouring and adding mood with color I want to keep the same feel and modd in every shot that I'm working on...So instead of doing the same stuff over and over again on the same - is there a way to make a save dfile of what I have done with the first picture and apply the same settings on another picture?

Gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2006, 12:55 PM

Re: keeping "theme" in a series of photos

in photoshop, i believe it's called actions. in psp it's called scripts.

i cant speak on the how-to in photoshop, but in psp you can simply turn on a sort of 'record button' and it will log everything you do to one image until you turn the record off again. you can then save that as a new script and run it on another image and it will do exactly the same things you did in the original.

this is quite handy for some things, but can also be disastorous on others, as no two images are ever quite the same. but, you can also undo the whole thing, so no real disaster.

you can also write your own scripts, if you know how, and put in anything you want, within the programming capabilities of the scripting language and the overall program itself.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2006, 12:55 PM

If you are using Photoshop CS2 and shot your pics in RAW format, you can do a lot of your basic tonal adjustments in Bridge/Camera Raw. Select multiples of photos in Bridge that have similar lighting for example and open them in Camera Raw. Fix one and apply the adjustment to the others.

I see that the next release of PS (CS3) will let you open JPEG and TIF in Camera Raw.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2006, 06:19 PM

thanks for the nice and informative answers...yes, I have seen actions in PS...But haven't really undertood the whole consept with it...I will try this out...

thanks again

Have a nice weekend and merry christmas!

Gerry
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching