RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

I did it i did it I did a good Pageant photo

Old 01-06-2007, 08:52 AM

Wink I did it i did it I did a good Pageant photo

Ok so my little one is just not with the whole getting her pic taken. But she let me get this one, And I'm just so happy with myself. I had to share it. Now I just got in to the pageant retouching thing. I've been doing them for freinds, but she would never let me get a good pic of her.

ohh this is the frist time I ever added hair, I think I'm most happy with that.

before

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...000_0187-1.jpg

After

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...y/000_0187.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Re: I did it i did it I did a good Pageant photo

its obvious that you put much time into this, and i must say, keep up the good work.

it like the dress... the hair is nicely done although the amount of detail in it is different from the rest of the picture and because of that my eye keeps pulling towards that part of the picture, the same problem also returns with the eyes.......... instead of completely redrawing the eyes it would be more realistic to touch op the original eyes. it would look better and it's probably less work then you've had now

goodluck and have fun.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Coal. for some reason the idea is to replace the eyes on those images.. I don't understand it...you want to make it look unrealm doll-like! Go figure?
With that said..It looks great.
Still don't understand the look..

Lasa
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 01:10 PM

The after looks like some one else to me. The eyes appear too large to go with the original face. The hair looks as if it should go on a much larger head too. The chin is altered.

Touch up? or new look?

I'm not an expert. Just giving you my impression.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 01:54 PM

Sorry but I must agree with the comments above. I would want a photo of my child, not a look-a-like based around a photograph. I don't agree with pageant photos at all (my personal opinion), but respect the work the retouchers do on them. To me the eye's are way too big, the wrong colour and too detailed, as is the hair. The only original feature left on the face is her nose , and to me it looks like a different child .

Please note these are my personal opinions, as I am not a pageant retoucher
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 04:56 PM

Ailey, your work looks very nice, for what you're trying to accomplish.

As with the others, I don't understand why you'd want to modify a photo of your child that drastically to the point it's no longer your child, but to each his own.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 07:39 PM

Smile Re: I did it i did it I did a good Pageant photo

that's just incredible, lots of time went into that!!

Check out the list of changes made on this picture- I know someone has posted the before pic on another thread- but found this sort of out there- the eyes remind me of a horror movie where the dolls came to life.

http://www.naturalbeautiescontest.ho...retouch4a.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 08:48 PM

I think ya'll are rigth about the colorof the eyes, and I get the feeling that pageant photo may freak some poeple out. but most pageant photos do look like that. with the big doll eyes and the big hair. they are ment to look like dolls.

I still have so much to learn, and I do listen to what ya'll are saying. The only thing is there not ment to look like a reg photo. This is not a photo I would hang on my wall, but one I would enter in a pageant. Amber has been in 5 so and won the 3 of the photo contests.

As far as the chin, i REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT i'M doing there, any tips would be great.

as far as the the hair, what do ya'll think I should do to fix it. Most pageant falls ( wigs ) is that big 80's style. And thats how they wear them at the pageants. which is why I did it like that. So I'm un sure of what to do to make it better. should I just re size it to make it smaller. or what.

Like the post above is a another pageant photo. which is done by a real re toucher, which I'm not. but dose make me feel better, because it is kinda the same look. so please take a look at it.

Thanks you for all you ideas, tips, or whatevers.

soaking it all up,

ailey

PS, YOU WILL NOT HURT MY FEELING, SO FEEL FREE TO SAY WHAT YOU THINK. I HAVE PAGEANTS MOM CONTACT ME ALL THE TIME TO DO THERE CHILDS PHOTO FOR PAGEANTS. SO AS LONG AS I MAKING MONEY AT IT, I CAN'T BE ALL THAT BAD. BUT I CAN ALWAYS GET BETTER, A LOT BETTER IF I WANT TO THIS ALLTHE TIME.

Last edited by aileycat; 01-06-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 10:05 PM

aileycat go to the top of the page and click on Search and type in pageant retouching and it will take you to a page full of pageant retouching threads.

Welcome to RetouchPRO and making money with something you enjoy.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileycat
PS, YOU WILL NOT HURT MY FEELING, SO FEEL FREE TO SAY WHAT YOU THINK. I HAVE PAGEANTS MOM CONTACT ME ALL THE TIME TO DO THERE CHILDS PHOTO FOR PAGEANTS. SO AS LONG AS I MAKING MONEY AT IT, I CAN'T BE ALL THAT BAD. BUT I CAN ALWAYS GET BETTER, A LOT BETTER IF I WANT TO THIS ALLTHE TIME.
Absolutely. Like I said, you did a very good job at the retouch work. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or be rude at all, just saying I don't see why that style of photo is so popular. Then again, I don't care for some of the glamour shots I see either. Nothing against the retoucher, just a type of picture I like.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching