RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Jillian's Thread

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:47 AM

Re: Jillian's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianweedmark
On the ... spot
Hey! This is a great version of the photo. I love how you kept the texture of the sweater I was wearing rough, and then smoothed out my face. Jillian
Thank you Jillian
i am another one who has learnt by "doing" and the best learning curve is right here on retouch, loads to read and believe it or not loads of people who will help you out with the even the silliest of questions

hope you enjoy gimp

Palms
Old 01-16-2007, 05:53 AM

Hi Jillian,

It's good to hear from you. I'm thrilled that your group presentation went to so well. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm among the many that have learned practically everything from RetouchPRO. Also took a few classes in Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro from www.lvsonline.com to learn the mechanics of the programs.

Lorraine
Old 01-16-2007, 09:48 AM

A moment of everyones time to recognize the effort and hard freaking work that goes into retouching photos.
Last night I downloaded Gimp - I think I only have 8 more days of the free trail - and I SUCK! Horrible! I have no clue what I'm doing and am extremely unmotivated.
Practice makes perfect I guess....
Old 01-16-2007, 10:05 AM

No practice makes better, lots and lots and lots and lots of practice makes near perfect.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:36 AM

There's a game some of us play here occasionaly it is called "what if" translated it means "what happens if i press this button or move this slider this way, or combine these layers " just have fun see what you can do using the "what if " method you learn loads that way even if it is just finding your way around your software

Palms
Old 01-16-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
A moment of everyones time to recognize the effort and hard freaking work that goes into retouching photos.
Last night I downloaded Gimp - I think I only have 8 more days of the free trail - and I SUCK! Horrible! I have no clue what I'm doing and am extremely unmotivated.
Could you show us which website you downloaded it from Jillian because GIMP software is free and if there is a website charging for it, they should be reported.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:27 PM

I went to download.com and typed in GIMP I had to download to things to make the program run..... well see what happens.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:13 PM

>>>>>>I think I only have 8 more days of the free trail

Sounds fishy to me.

Where's the Photoshop CD?

Adobe.com - you can download any of their products for a full month, full version.

I think JW is playing everybody like a violin.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:01 PM

Very Fishy.

On the 22/11/06 in the Women's Studies Thread Gillian Wrote

Quote:
Blown out of the water!
Hey guys - the whole group is here and we just want to thank each and everyone of you for helping us and taking the time to work on this project!
We will be still looking on here for any other submissions as we don't present until DECEMBER FIRST (1st). But - as it stands right now your photos have made a great presentation and we have you guys to thank for it!!!!
You work is amazing and the time that you've taken from your days has gone to a great cause. We will post our final mark on here as soon as we get it.
Thanks,
Jillian, Jenny, Amanda, Anne, and Amanda

In post 5 in this thread Gillian Wrote

Quote:
4) Privacy: The Girls in my WISE (Women's Studies Class) didn't want their photos up, Ben and my photos were personal (someone made a comment that was very out line) making me think that taking off the remaining photos would me smart.

But one of the photographs is still on the net here

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4162/jennyhps0.jpg

Ken.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Jillian -- everything is hard at the beginning when we don't know how to do it.
The only things that are easy to do are the things we've already learned how to do well. You have no need to learn to do retouching or to learn GIMP or Photoshop -- if you want to stop before you try and go do other things instead, that's completely up to you -- you know where your interests lie. If there's a reason that you want to learn to work with photos, then just take some time and start to learn one thing at a time with the program. When you start learning it and knowing how to do that, move on to a second thing. It's just like everything else you've learned to do in your life -- it's hard at the beginning and gets easier -- when it gets easier, it gets to be even more fun.

Oh, and GIMP from download.com is free -- no trial period.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching