RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Jillian's Thread

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:44 PM

Re: Jillian's Thread

CJ Swartz:
Well, the reason I felt I should start retouching is because I didn't want to come off as just wanting to see photos being retouched.
I love commenting on the photos (the ones I share and others) that's where my passion is.
I will sit down with anything and learn how to do it - even if my heart isn't in it 100%. Because, I feel with time, my heart will follow my actions (if you will) and I will produce at 100%.
But for now, I'm at -100% lol and just starting to love retouching.
Until then, I will try and provide photos to comment on, and oggel over
Take care everyone and thanks for your wise words CJ Swartz

Last edited by Jillianweedmark; 01-16-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:19 PM

joey florio:
Where can I even begin.
Something so short, like your comment, has dug so deep and was extremly uncalled for.

So, I think that it's time that I set things straight.

1) I just got home from the hospital where I was being tested for cancer.
2) I spend about 30 minutes a day quickly checking Retouch for any new threads and checking up on this thread and the remainder is spent with my family and getting better.
3) Furthermore, Retouchpro brightens my days when I can take a photo and post it up here to then see it transfered into someone who isn't sick and constantly scared out of her mind because of her health.
4) I have not brought this up to even the people that I am close with on this site. Quiet frankly I still think it's no ones business.
5) However, I found your comment "I think JW is playing everybody like a violin." to be extremly offensive! and ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
This goes for everyone. If you can't hold back your comments that may be read the wrong way by myself or others, don't post them on this thread. Instead post them in an e-mail to Doug. I would love to hear what he has to say on your point of view, as well as mine. I think that the statments that have been made are just. In no way shape or form am I here for freebies. If you take the time to read the entire thread not only might you eat your words, but you may discover that this thread as been made for people who are looking to practice their techniques and that's that.
6) Furthermore, I have good days, and I have bad days. And today is a good day. Why's that? Because I went downstairs for the first time in three days. Getting up is a task. And if you're about to levy some comment about me being able to take photos of myself, the photo that I posted was from November before things took a turn for the worst. Retouchpro is not my life, and I have other things like spending time with my parents. Finding a CD is the least of my worries as I was able to take a second a find GIMP which will be the beginning of any retouching that I do. Retouching is quiet the task, and making the time for it will come with time.

Lastly, I stongly suggest that you avoiding commenting on this thread as it has made me extremly upset, or that the next time you do comment I STRONGLY suggest that you think about your words and their implications.

Next:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameraken
Very Fishy.

On the 22/11/06 in the Women's Studies Thread Gillian Wrote
blah blah blah
source
http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&cd=26

In post 5 in this thread Gillian Wrote
blah blah blah

But one of the photographs is still on the net here

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4162/jennyhps0.jpg

Ken.

Ken:
I am shocked to see that you can't spell my name right in your flurrly to prove ??? what?!

The fact that a photo is still up disappoints me. I will e-mail Doug about this.
The fact that you are accessing my old threads and that you're not a MOD has rubbed me the wrong way, and kind of freaks me out. What is it that interests you about these threads? Kindly sum up the point that you are trying to make, as after joey florio comment I'm in no mood to guess what is trying to be said.

Lastly...
My mood isn't the best right now as the above are examples of what I don't want to see on this thread. My intentions were not to cross the line. But obviously my previous comment "bugger off" if you can't say anything constructive or poliet has had no effect.

I will continue to post on this site, but let this be the last time that I take these types of comments. Any others will have the attention of the MOD or Doug.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:59 PM

Jillian
It seems this thread is getting a bit heated. NO ONE has the right to make some of the comments written here. If I am the person who has inadvertently started all this I apologise.
I think it is now time for everybody to leave this alone, if you are trying to force Jillian from the site, it is not up to you, it is up to Doug or Jillian herself to decide.

Jillian have a look through the tutorials section there are some good one there for beginners. Also Google for some free plugins for Gimp, these will give you a kick start into getting some fair results fairly quickly. You can then tweak afterwards.

I was really rubbish at this sort of thing when I first found this site, but have learnt hell of a lot here, the people here are excellent at what they do.

Don't be afraid to post anything at all, it will be treated properly, any criticism would only be constructive to help you get better, not to put you down.

Peter
Old 01-16-2007, 04:31 PM

Peter:
Thank you for your encouraging words. I'm going to bed. It's only 6:30 but I've had a rough day.
Tomorrow I will set a goal of looking for a plug-in. I would like to someday included some retouches myself. But what I'm producing is embarrassing.
Good night and thanks again for your supportive words,
Old 01-16-2007, 05:14 PM

http://www.si.edu/resource/Faq/nmah/stradv.htm
Old 01-16-2007, 06:42 PM

Hi Jillian

Quote:
I am shocked to see that you can't spell my name right

Please accept my apologies for spelling your name wrong.

Quote:
The fact that a photo is still up disappoints me. I will e-mail Doug about this

The photo has nothing to with Doug or Retouch Pro. The picture was uploaded to Imageshack. And you posted the link

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...n&ct=clnk&cd=2

Quote:
The fact that you are accessing my old threads
I just used Google

Quote:
Kindly sum up the point that you are trying to make

Jillian.
My point was that there seems to be no reason for deleting the 'Women's Studies' thread as your friends seemed to be quite happy about it being there.

A lot of Retouch Pro members put a lot of time and effort into that thread and I should imagine that they will be very disappointed that their work was deleted.
The whole point of Retouch Pro is that threads are left here for other people to learn from. If everyone deleted their threads there would be no site and no Retouch Pro.

Anyway as Peter says

Quote:
I think it is now time for everybody to leave this alone
I agree.

Ken.

Last edited by Cameraken; 01-16-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:34 PM

I choose to cut the pieces out that didn't look like I got the crap kicked out of me. this is a horrible attempt but i stayed up trying to get something to show my worthiness - lmao
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bits ans pieces.JPG (22.0 KB, 55 views)
Old 01-17-2007, 01:11 AM

Well, Jillian, it looks like you have some more reading to do.

I used healing brush with grain pattern, patch tool, cropped, changed perspective with transform, dodged/burned on overlay layers, painted on color layers, and probably a few other things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jillian.jpg (98.2 KB, 39 views)
Old 01-17-2007, 03:19 AM

Very nice work, CJ.

Jillian, you first attempt looks pretty good to me. You should see some of my beginning work -- nah, I wouldn't want anyone to see that.

I liked the photo you posted, and just tried to do a simple retouch on it rather than make it artistic.

Lots of color correction.

Smoothing with the Neat Image filter on separate copy of photo, lowered opacity of that layer.

More hand painting to even out colors -- color blend mode layers.

Cloning to remove some of the beauty marks.

Worked on pores around forehead and nose with blurring and blur tool. Selected those areas and worked them on separate layers.

Level adjustments to lighten left-facing side of face.

Lorraine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jillian.jpg (98.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Lorraine; 01-17-2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:39 AM

Jillian, didn't realise you had deleted threads, a little disappointed given the time invested to help you
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching