RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Jillian's Thread

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:30 PM

Thumbs down A Laid Back Retouch

Hey everyone.
I hope you guys haven't missed me too much. LOL
I've kept intouch with a couple of you, and thought to come back to the site on a casual note.
I always LOVED seeing your retouched versions of me, and always LOVED complementing you guys
So I thought I would return.
But before I go any further I would like to thank everyone who helped out on my Women's Studies project. We presented our work in a power point presentation and our final grade was 97%!
WOOT WOOT!!!
We really weren't after a killer grade, but to have the time to drill home how the media is infact selling an image to adolescent girls.
RetouchPRO's retouchers, and the media and SOOOooo different.
There's a difference between skills and talents, and stupidness and false hopes.
RetouchPRO is an amazing site, and if anyone has a second to practice their skills I would be thrilled to see your work on any photos I post.
I also have access to a new Digital camera. (What do you think of the quality)
I personally love how for once my eyes aren't stupid BROWN and that you can tell the true colours
IF you would like a larger version than what I have posted you can e-mail me at Jillian_Weedmark@hotmail.com
Thanks guys and have fun;
Jillian

Photos:

Photo #1 This is a close up. I have yet to figure out how to work the timer... something farther away will come soon. I figured I'd get you guys warmed up a bit

Last edited by Jillianweedmark; 01-14-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:06 PM

Re: Jillian's Thread

88 views, no feedback.
Are these okay photos to work with?
Old 01-14-2007, 05:31 PM

You should probably use better titles than Jillian's thread every time
...and say what you actually want from the thread.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:48 PM

Forgive me if this sounds cynical.
I would seem that you want the people here to do some more work for you.
This is a learning forum, we are quite happy to help you with pictures if you require assistance with styles etc. but not to do all the work for you.
Why did you remove all your pictures when you had finished with us?
No one else had the chance to look at them or even give their own interpretations.
I for one will not be working on your pictures.

Peter
Old 01-14-2007, 05:56 PM

1) A different title - what couldn't be more simple
2) I am learning how to do thing myself - thank you
3) Learning from you on what you did to the photos that I have would create guidelines
4) Privacy: The Girls in my WISE (Women's Studies Class) didn't want their photos up, Ben and my photos were personal (someone made a comment that was very out line) making me think that taking off the remaining photos would me smart.
5) This wasn't meant to make anyone upset. One person ruined it for the rest, and that's how it goes in life.
6) I'm sorry that you got this impression from me.
7) For those of you that don't see me as (using her own words) some demanding photo w***e than I would love if you could help me learn the techniques there are.

I just took two photos and thought that the bigger the better.
I would love to see what you can do, and see whether I can reach the same techniques you have. I'd like to keep things natural looking, but that's never been a problem.

I'm sad to have this type of welcome back... but really I guess I was asking for it not explaining myself.
Peter you're an awesome and talented person, and I'm sorry that you've felt this way for a while now, my appologies.
Jillian
Old 01-14-2007, 06:04 PM

if you are "learning" why don't you post a pic that you've worked on to show us how much you've learned
Old 01-14-2007, 06:41 PM

If you don't want to practice on the pictures then feel free not to
And I will be learning through other forms. I don't have the program right now, and I don't have any knowledge on this topic.

For those who would like to practice themselves, please feel free.
I would love to know what tools you used as this will be very helpful to me, and other users. I will be keeping everyone's photos up

For those who think this is a fighting match, bugger off! I've appologized, now let's move on.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:15 PM

This picture is better quality than the others you had posted. The camera phones just don't give a person much to work with.

If you want to learn, then I'd suggest finding a good college class (I assume you are in college). You will get the benefit of an instructor, hands on experience, and a wealth of tutorials to experiment with. You know the old adage, take one FUN class every semester to stay sane. Try it. You might like it.

Janet
Old 01-14-2007, 09:39 PM

Classes are a good idea.
But I don't learn from instructions. I teach myself.
Some of the more talented people in the world have taken the time (and the longer way) and taught themselves. I am not in school as I am rather ill. This week was my first time home in quiet some time. The rest of my time I was in IC or at the doctors office.
Thanks though for your suggestions, but I'm bed ridden for a while.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:26 PM

welcome back, jillian

first off, if you EVER receive ANY abusive, invalidative, snide, or offensive remarks, private messages or emails as a result of being on this site, then report it immediately to a moderator or to doug nelson. that sort of behavior is NOT conducive to the friendly, helpful environment we attempt to maintain here. dont EVER let those go. ALWAYS report them!

second, it is the policy of this site, as stated in the FAQs, to not do freebies. however, there is nothing that says you cant donate an image to one of the challenges or to the art forum for others to work on. it was one of the reasons i suggested to you before that you place your image(s) in the art forum. basically, it's a sort of gift that others may choose to work on or not.

and third, i too was a bit surprised you took all of your pictures down, especially the ones of yourself. i found this out when working on one of you for the art forum and went to post it and there was no longer any thread. a shame. i was rather pleased with the work and no thread i do understand removing the others. so, thank you for letting us know about that.

and fourth, i enjoyed working on your images, freebie or not, and i hope you post more. but in light of all that's occurred, you might try the challenge forums or the art forums as being a little more in line with the site policies, at least until such time as you are actively working on the images yourself.

and fifth, lighten up, folks many of us enjoyed working on jililan's images. her engaging, vivacious, and energetic spirit were quite enjoyable to many. and her payment was always a warm remark or joyous 'wow!'. to me, that's often payment enough

so, welcome back, jillian
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching