RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Retouching

Old 01-18-2007, 11:41 PM

Re: Retouching

I just did some minor cloning and a little whitening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg teethdone.jpg (31.6 KB, 27 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Ro, i found your post interesting. normally, around here, if there's no specific instructions for the retouch, some like 'just clean it up' or 'make it a bit better', that tends to mean dont alter any of the permanent features, like freckles, teeth, eye color, moles and so on. pimples, fly-away hair, bad lighting, color correction and all that are all fair game. so, i find the regional differences interesting.

normally, if you're not talking glamour, a retouch is of the kind you might do to a school photo. you dont alter the permanent features. pimples and bags under the eyes are not considered 'features' but rather abnormalities and are therefore fair game. wrinkles and crow's feet tend to be reduced but not eliminated. double chins are the same as wrinkles, but be careful with those. some folks find it insulting if you retouch something they didnt ask for and are a bit self-conscious about. teeth can also be that way. some folks are very self-conscious about their teeth. and never, ever ask if they'd like an ear tuck or a nose job or to lose 20 pounds if they want those, they'll usually ask outright.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2007, 03:37 PM

I do like Vikki's response...provide the client upfront what services you can provide and then let them choose. In my case, I did not do that. All they said was make me look good. I did ask about lines in the face (I knew this person) and they said remove them. Like you said, a person's teeth can be a sensitive subject so I didn't ask and I didn't touch.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching