RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Video tutorial (non-RP) - color cast retouch

Old 01-26-2007, 11:46 AM

Video tutorial (non-RP) - color cast retouch (Limited Time only)

I'm very pleased with some video tips/tutorial resources offered by The Radiant Vista (http://www.radiantvista.com/ ) for both Photoshop and photography. I've listed some links in the Photography Forum, and now want to share some retouching tip links here. (I submitted a link to our new library.)
*** Not sure how long a download will take for those folks on dial-up! ;( (I know there's lots of you out there!)*** The site offers you a choice of player - Windows Media Player or Quicktime (or iPod ).

TIME LIMIT -- each video is only viewable for 2 weeks online due to their bandwidth issues, I guess. So this tip on color casts will not be available to play after early-mid Feb.
They have started a weekly Photoshop tip video titled "The Photoshop Workbench" :"Every week a 15 to 20 minute video will be available for download. This video will feature a submitted image on-screen in Photoshop with a soundtrack, which will contain suggestions on getting the most out of your image in the digital darkroom. These suggestions follow a general workflow making it very easy to pick up tips and tricks."

This week's workbench takes on two photos with color cast problems - one has an overall color cast, and the second has a color cast caused by a light leak on the film resulting in color changes to parts of subjects in the image. The instructor uses good workflow habits (naming layers etc.), has a pleasing voice/style, and the video quality is good.

He uses Hue/Saturation adjustment layers, Curves adjustment layer as well as Average Blur, and I certainly hope it will help some folks who are wanting to better understand the options available and would like to see someone actually do it rather than read about how it was done after the fact.

http://www.radiantvista.com/archive/..._workbench/68/

Excerpt from web bio:
Mark S. Johnson is a Boulder, Colorado based Photoshop instructor, photographer, and graphic designer. Sharing his enthusiasm for Photoshop is his greatest passion...

Mark serves on the faculty of The Rocky Mountain School of Photography in Missoula, Montana where he teaches several inspiring Photoshop courses.

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 01-27-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM

Re: Video tutorial (non-RP) - color cast retouch

hi CJ Swartz,

I just want to thank you for the link....
Your right it a very good site I like the tutorials very much and also I like the some of the insights he gives on some of the tools and techniques... that help me a lot in understanding photoshop.... I'll be definitely looking forward to additional workbench tutorials... smile.... again thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Swartz
I'm very pleased with some video tips/tutorial resources offered by The Radiant Vista (http://www.radiantvista.com/ ) for both Photoshop and photography. I've listed some links in the Photography Forum, and now want to share some retouching tip links here. (I submitted a link to our new library.)
*** Not sure how long a download will take for those folks on dial-up! ;( (I know there's lots of you out there!)*** The site offers you a choice of player - Windows Media Player or Quicktime (or iPod ).

They have started a weekly Photoshop tip video titled "The Photoshop Workbench" :"Every week a 15 to 20 minute video will be available for download. This video will feature a submitted image on-screen in Photoshop with a soundtrack, which will contain suggestions on getting the most out of your image in the digital darkroom. These suggestions follow a general workflow making it very easy to pick up tips and tricks."

This week's workbench takes on two photos with color cast problems - one has an overall color cast, and the second has a color cast caused by a light leak on the film resulting in color changes to parts of subjects in the image. The instructor uses good workflow habits (naming layers etc.), has a pleasing voice/style, and the video quality is good.

He uses Hue/Saturation adjustment layers, Curves adjustment layer as well as Average Blur, and I certainly hope it will help some folks who are wanting to better understand the options available and would like to see someone actually do it rather than read about how it was done after the fact.

http://www.radiantvista.com/archive/..._workbench/68/

Excerpt from web bio:
Mark S. Johnson is a Boulder, Colorado based Photoshop instructor, photographer, and graphic designer. Sharing his enthusiasm for Photoshop is his greatest passion...

Mark serves on the faculty of The Rocky Mountain School of Photography in Missoula, Montana where he teaches several inspiring Photoshop courses.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2007, 03:12 PM

CJ.. Thanks for the link. I'm always looking to learn!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy
CJ.. Thanks for the link. I'm always looking to learn!
You're very welcome, Swampy! I am, also!

You were probably watching his instructional and video techniques for your future video tuts more than the PShop explanations...

Jerryb -- I'm glad you found it useful!

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 01-27-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2007, 01:13 PM

I just found info that the website can't archive their videos online for longer than 2 weeks, so we need to take a look now at this one because it will not be available after early-mid Feb. There will be a new lesson in its place however.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching