RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Fashion retouch

Old 02-25-2007, 08:45 PM

Re: Fashion retouch

Thanks, Gerry. Just got PS and saw tutorials. Got a long way to go but wanted to practice any way.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Syd, I love your version. Excellent.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2007, 02:09 AM

Hi,
I think since this section is all about Retouching then no need to mention what could have been done to take the shot itself.

here is my attempt, i tried to keep it natural looking as i could , tried to keep whatever detail there is in the pic only removed what might be considered flaws.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7261Fix.jpg (95.9 KB, 314 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-19-2007, 05:36 AM

hey all --

gave it a shot... actually three variations... first one is trying for as natural as i could make it... the hair on the face gave me the most issues... the other two are color variants and contrast variants, for fun mostly...

nothing complicated --
minutiae detail with healing brush
then used marquee tool and used brush on layer by layer (by taste)
that's it...

will remind me to be more wary of the model's hair when i take my next photo, WHEW!!!

thanx for posting the gigantor pic! had much fun --
d
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1st_try.jpg (94.1 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg 2nd_try.jpg (91.2 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg 3rd_try.jpg (90.6 KB, 258 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-19-2007, 09:05 AM

A different slant:

http://edgework.tripod.com/samples/hi-key.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-19-2007, 10:41 AM

Also had a go. Used blurring and clone tool for the skin blemishes, the nail and some of the hair (pay attention at your next shoot!), brightened eye-white, slightly more saturation on the iris and lips.

Usually I take a screenhot of the 'before' and 'after' images side-by-side to show the differences. But these had to be scaled down to 33% to fit my screen and the differences are too subtle to show up on a scaled down side-by-side. Let alone in a file that's smaller than 100KB!

So you can download the resultant full-size 3.8MB file from IMG_7261 RS01.jpg .

Have fun!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-19-2007, 11:00 AM

looks like a battered wife on my monitor, mind you having a few calibation probs here atm
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2007, 02:31 PM

Hi Syd,

I love the skin texture, did you use an existing skin texture at all? I really like what you did with the lighting as well, it's all about the little details.

Anyways, here's my version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd
Aurora

1. "Less redness and pitmarks in your face" I used the healing brush here - very soft brush, new layer, constantly sampling and the radius of the brush no bigger than the spot. If you don't like the result go one step backward, resample and try again until it looks natural. I also desaturated the image by about a third.

2. "Make that little fat pudgy mark near my lips at the bottom of my cheek go away" Dodge the shadow away, blend with the healing brush and use the Liquify tool if necessary.

3. "Fix my crazy eyebrows (need a wax.. meep)." I used the Liquify tool to lift up your eyebrow, dodged away the darker hairs and blended with the healing brush.

4. "Fix the hair that is all over the place above/beside my eyebrow" Again, dodge away the darker hairs and clean it up with the Healing Brush, dodge and burn again if necessary.

5. "Remove the little hair sticking out on the black background along my eyes/eyebrow area.
One of my fingernails is chipped, going to fix that too." Both of these are easily fixed with the clone tool. As the background is black and has no pattern you don't have to be particularly careful either.

6. "Also, this one is more minor to me, but you'll notice my hair is lighter at the ends, I'm growing out many years of hair dying, but I wasn't sure of a good way to fix that.. Any tips?" Open a new layer, sample your natural hair color and with a low opacity brush and the layer's blend mode set to color, paint away. Stop when it looks natural.

Sincerely Syd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg touchup-after.jpg (37.2 KB, 447 views)

Last edited by G Deezy; 03-23-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Deezy
Hi Syd,

I love the skin texture, did you use an existing skin texture at all? I really like what you did with the lighting as well, it's all about the little details.

Anyways, here's my version.
Thank you G Deezy. That is her original skin texture. That effect comes from dodging and burning. Sometimes, oddly enough, the skin looks 'more real' after dodging and burning than it did before. I like your version too.

Sincerely Syd
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Cleaned up the skin with the healing patch. Then softened the skin with the Portraiture plugin. added a low opacity light white under the eyes, and low opacity over the eyes..(5%)..added a hue/sat adjustment to add some skin tone. Lightened the eyes and made the eye reflection smaller...Used the liquify tool to rearrange little things help soften the edges and angles..

Hope you like it.

Lasa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cleanup-lasa.jpg (92.9 KB, 308 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching