RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

my first retouch for customer

Old 02-28-2007, 05:43 PM

my first retouch for customer

well, these pictures were taken together with a 2photographers(me and my friend Jorgen) and a makeup artist Wendy http://www.d-fuzz.co.uk/ ... It's for a golf company..They wanted abit different adn abit modern type of golf pictures! The golf props should be used in a casual and unusual way...well...hehe...you decide that!

the location was www.calibar.no a very nice Pub/restaurant

push the "galleri" button too see some pictures of the place(i didn't get the time to make an overview of the location)

Is this ok retouch? I'm pleased with the before and after shots! I do have more, will upload them soon! Some of the pictures were taken by me, but the retouching is all done by me...

Gerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kjellerdansegulv-bilde1-org.jpg (97.6 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg kjellerdansegulv-bilde1-ret.jpg (92.1 KB, 250 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 06:00 PM

Re: my first retouch for customer

here is 2 more.,..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kjellerdansegulv-bilde2-org.jpg (100.0 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg kjellerdansegulv-bilde2-ret.jpg (95.7 KB, 128 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 06:16 PM

This is just my opinion but I think you went way too dark on the corrections. The shadows have been plugged and lost all detail. I actually like the originals better. Of course, I'm assuming that the originals are on the left and the corrected versions on the right.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 06:28 PM

well, we did go trough th epictures with the customers and they wanted them abit darker...the feeling of being in the club...to be light and bright is not a correct feeling to show IMO,,,

so there...

Gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 06:52 PM

You asked for feedback and Isaac gave you his. I like the darker tones you added. I like the angle of the shot. I especially like the shoes and the colors. What concerns me is that I don't think or sense "golf" when I look at the photos. I assume the customer is pleased? Again...I don't associate these pics with golf. I see the golf clubs, but they, to me, are just like the furniture in the room and my eyes pass right past them. But again..that is me. The photos and the retouch I like. What camera and lens did you use for these shots.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 08:03 PM

I gave one of them a shot myself just for the hell of it. I didn't mean to offend so please don't take it that way. I couldn't have known what type of effect you were going for. I still think it is a bit too dark but that's me and what matters is what your client thinks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kjellerdansegulv-bilde2-org.jpg (98.0 KB, 104 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 09:32 PM

Gerry, congratulations on your first job! I think you did very well. If your client was pleased, then you succeeded.

Sincerely Syd
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 11:38 PM

One more thing Gerry, you might want to do something about her legs. Match the color to the face, make them longer...smooth them out. Also that glass of hers looks empty. Perhaps you could fill it with something. Just a thought.

Syd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gerry-Golf-Ad.jpg (99.0 KB, 74 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2007, 06:13 AM

Again, I don't know your client or what was requested. I like your photo, but you said your theme was golf. Each time I open the picture and look at it my eyes are drawn to the shoes. The shores are bright and colorful. The eyes are not drawn to the golf clubs to the left. This area is dark. You have a number of unique colors in the photo. The only yellow is the covers of the drivers. Possibly you could bring out this color and make it brighter. Also the golf bag and the word ping is dark. This too could be enhanced. To me, the eye should be drawn to the original concept: golf. I'm interested in what other members think if this is indeed for an ad? Again we don't know what the details of the clients request.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfz.jpg (89.9 KB, 36 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2007, 04:42 PM

Thanks for replying and giving examples to better my self...I really appreciate your words!

SYD: I didn't think about the legs before...seeing it now I know what your saying,..thanks! the glases are filled with golfballs...

SKYDOG: Hehe, You sound abit worried non golfy look! I can assure you that the clients didn't really want it that way! The golf equipment is there, the golfbag is visual and the golfballs is in the glasses...lol....they loved the idea! they were all present and came with ideas and solution to how we should do things!

Imann: I think your version as abit to light! It's not a studio picture feelign they wanted, they wanted this a night out after golf feeling! so...I'm not sure we did get the message 100%, but they are happy...

Gerry
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching