RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Best Video Training for Photoshop pro model retouch?...

Old 03-19-2007, 06:01 PM

Exclamation Best Video Training for Photoshop pro model retouch?...

Does anyone know of professional training (DVD or web video course) that is specific to model / fashion work? I have seen many, but they are too broad, covering lots of different touch up techniques and are not completely centered on touchup for model / fashion photography.

I guess I am just looking for something much more focused and one on a professional level. Any ideas? Links? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Frank
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-19-2007, 06:06 PM

Re: Best Video Training for Photoshop pro model retouch?...

what about www.lynda.com ? They have sme good tutorials...covering some good techniques around retouching....

Gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-19-2007, 06:16 PM

Lynda is great..however that is what I was talking about:

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=191

14 hours for this one alone..however just a small section devoted to fashion photography touchups.

I have not found any on Lynda.com completely devoted to touch up.

Looking for a complete course just on fashion/model, face + body, without all the other stuff

Frank
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2007, 05:55 AM

they have the enhancing digital photography in photoshop session...I think that one is supposed to be good...

Gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2007, 11:53 AM

I've been looking for something similar and the only thing I've found so far that comes close is from Software Cinema.

http://www.software-cinema.com/disc_...php?disc_id=75

It's a bit broad but I think it offers techniques that can be applied to model/fashion. It's been the closest thing I could find so far.

Hope this helps,

mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-26-2007, 01:52 PM

Im evaluating producing such a Photoshop / High Fashion / training video.

It would be a 2hr DVD showing the Photoshop techniques for doing brightness and color balancing, blemish removal, wrinkle management, smoothing skin, adding skin pore textures back in, digital plastic surgery, digital makeup such as eye retouching, lip glosses, eye lashes, eye shadow, fixing hair etc. Also final color balancing and contouring techniques. It would also cover how to take an average portrait and turn it into a stunning fashion piece.

I have a tutorial on this web site called "That soft Dior Look for Portraits" but its kind of hard to teach things like this in print. Its better to show each step and the techniques in real-time. Several have been asking for a video version of the steps, methods and techniques.

RetouchPro is not an advertising site - per se - but if I did produce such a video, my question to the RP group recently has been how and where do I market it? Im great at retouching - but not great at marketing. What if I made it - and nobody came??

Where should I tell about it when its done? Where do you look for - or read about these kinds of training? Where would you expect to find a training tape like this if you went looking for it? Just some group wisdom questions

This DVD should be extremely detailed and tell how to get that magazine cover kind of look with all the necessary steps.

Dont know what to charge either! What is the value of the insider tips and tricks and methods?

Im working at this - its harder for me to do the marketing/sales steps than do the retouching - just the opposite for me.

Thanks for any tips you could suggest.

Ray12
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-26-2007, 07:35 PM

Ray...just my opinion..

- in addition to the topics you wish to cover in your video, have you asked others what they would like covered?
- you should have your video critiqued as you proceed or at least before you mass market the product.
- it seems that those that get the most for their videos are individuals who provide seminars - especially at trade shows. It may be possible to be buy a booth at a photographers or wedding conference or trade show and provide a seminar on parts of your product. At the same time, you could network with magazines etc that may provide additional outlets.
- or lets say you feel your product is worth $120. You could divide the product into four videos and sell each one for $30. If the product is good then someone may wish to buy the others. I certainly would not spend $120 unless it was endorsed by someone else...I've been burned or disappointed too many times.

Just some thoughts. Marketing is indeed as important as the product.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching