RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

What Technique or Effect is this?

Old 04-08-2007, 09:34 PM

What Technique or Effect is this?

Hi

I would like to know what kind of technique is this photographer using?
Click the following link -
http://www.andric.biz/index1.htm or
http://altpick.com/members.php?id=17794
i like his technique very much and would like to be able to achieve something like this with photoshop! I like this bluish/cool look that he adds to his images.
If somebody know how to achieve that effect, please advise. Also, if you know a tutorial regarding the same, please advise.

Thank you all.

Regards
Dan
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2007, 10:18 PM

Re: What Technique or Effect is this?

I have a book by Katrin Eismann titled Photoshop Masking and Compositing that might be of some help to you. Google her name if you are not acquainted with her texts. There are various ways to add to add the blue tone. You might try going to IMAGE>ADJUSTMENT>PHOTO FILTER and select a color there. Something else that might work would be to put an empty layer above the picture layer and fill the empty layer with the color you want and then try different blending modes and opacity settings. Hopefully some of those that are better qualified will have a better answer as I do not do much of this type of work in Photoshop.

dc
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2007, 10:52 PM

Thank you DC this is very helpfull, but i think it is a little more complicated, what this guy does.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2007, 07:34 AM

Thanks for that link. Wonderful images.

There seems to be many different techniques involved and only some would be photoshop related. Obviously he is a very skilled photographer, and one of the reasons that the images looks so great is that he can shoot each element, in the ones that are composites, himself, so they will fit together.

Its a lot harder to take parts of different photographers images and try to bring them together because they maight have been shot with a different lens, angle, color temperature and so on. Careful planning would be the key to get images like this.

On the other hand , the guys at www.worth1000.com makes wonders just using stock photos.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2007, 10:32 AM

I've quit trying to guess what "techniques" any given craftsman uses in his projects. There's no way of knowing when all you see is the end result. You have to see the orignials in order to say for sure what might have been captured in the camera lens and what was added or enhanced in PhotoShop. Some things are obvious. In your guys work he likes to desaturate portions of the graphic and he likes to overlay with blues. Question is, does he achieve the blue tints via camera lens or in PS?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2007, 10:42 AM

ah, doug and his detective challenges were of great benefit. A shame not many took the advantage
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2007, 06:21 PM

these pictures aren't spectacular in any way IMO...these picture are very good due to photographers knowledge about light and use of focus...When looking at the pictures, som of the pictures were taken in multiple exsposures, the dolphin, the dude with pingpong racket and ball and the girl in the bottle...but looking on to the landscape and arcitecture picture they are very good in terms of light. if you look closely there aren't big shadow parts in his pictures. I guess he goes trough town with a model, set's them up in places that are light. Probably on cloudy days when the sun is hidden behind the sun. And there he works on the lightmeter within camera or external lightmeters. correct light/exposure is very important....in photoshop he's just deasturated the pictures and made them more color less...

hope that I was of any help! and mind the bad english

Gerry
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching