RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Retouching men

Old 06-04-2007, 03:18 AM

Re: Retouching men

How about something subtle?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg couple.jpg (82.0 KB, 45 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 PM

I thought we were retouching in such a way that it isn't noticable, unless comparing side by side. However, the retouching for a wedding could be decribed as a fresher looks, such as removing tired eyes, or rather the bags and dark area under the eyes, for men. Wrinkles, I would agree to just soften, but try to make the sitter/subject look like the have just come back from a week holiday (no not from a Rave Party Island trip!! :-) ) but from a relaxed trip.
I think men, in particular 30-40 years old, are more into their looks today then they were 10-20 years ago, ohh that would make it almost a generation ago. Obviously nationality and socialeco dependent as well. So in those cases I would give them a bit extra, but still following the above - fresh look.

Women, you can do a little more, still keep it real for the age. Don't make nanna look like her greatgrand daughter.

so to sum it up - keep people looking fresh and relaxed

Henrik
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-05-2007, 03:35 PM

On the occasion that I am retouching a man - I whiten the teeth a little, brighten the eye color if applicable, and just even the skin tone a touch (get rid of some splotches or pimples). It depends on the situation and what is appropriate. In general, I think most men are okay with not being retouched, but if it is only done minimally, they are generally happy with the results. Overall, I think if the photo is for a woman, she will be more likely to want the man retouched than he would be. I don't mean to sound sexist, it's just what I have found personally.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2007, 02:35 AM

what about hairy arms and legs? sometimes, when you have to retouch a photo for a magazine you're given a photo of a man and you're told to make him look perfect. i am really puzzled looking at his stubble and hairy arms and legs. i need to retouch the skin underneath but i don't know what to do with the hair. removing it would make him look like a woman, though...

any opinions?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching