RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Removing Hairs with D&B, Healing or Clone Brush?

Old 06-20-2007, 09:38 AM

Red face Removing Hairs with D&B, Healing or Clone Brush?

Hey guys this is my first post here, very cool forum, I already learned a lot via all the reading I did through this forum.

Now my question is regarding hair removal, when there are hairs over someone's face (stray hairs) what do you use to remove them? I use D&B to do faces (pretty new at it but looks and seems the best from what I've read so far). But what about those hairs? Do you also use the D&B technique or just remove them using the Healing or Clone brush. I hope someone could give me some input on that.

Oh and another thing, I hear a lot of people talking about the D&B technique using one adjustment layer for dodging, one adjustment layer for burning, one dest. layer and one contrast layer. But I also hear people talking about a D&B technique using a 50% grey layer, now I am wondering which technique is the most used and the pros and cons of the techniques.

Thanks a bunch already
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2007, 11:03 AM

Re: Removing Hairs with D&B, Healing or Clone Brush?

I prefer a soft light layer; I've never used the other method, but I think you have better controls of your contrast if you do overall changes, not painting on specific portions.

But, that's just me.

As for stray hairs on face, I use all of the above, but if it's stray hairs IN the hair, usually you can only use clone brush, and in rare instances, the paintbrush (but try not to.)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2007, 04:22 PM

Thanks a lot for your reaction. One thing I was wondering about the soft light 50% layer, what if some area's come out looking a little grey-ish after dodging, how do you change that? Because If I am right that doesn't seem to happen with the other method (could be wrong, though).

I never had to remove stray hairs IN the hair but I heard cleaning up hair is a pain so I won't touch the whole hair for some time lol, let's fist concentrate on the face for me.

I am going to try removing some stray hairs from someone's face now using D&B and I'll let you know how it turned out.

Anyone else having their 20 cents on this thread btw? I'd love to hear more peoples looks on this next to TheVeed
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2007, 07:19 PM

i usually heal with a really small brush, and then D&B that heal area afterwards ..

i know, sounds rather simple, but hey it works out for me.

=o)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching