RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Dodge and Burn Problems on a Camera RAW Image

Old 06-27-2007, 09:13 PM

Re: Dodge and Burn Problems on a Camera RAW Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianajenna View Post
It's a Canon 5D. I'm not a photographer, so I don't know if that's good or bad. I don't know what kind of software the photographer used, but I've got it in Photoshop now.

Diana
You can use Digital Photo Professional is a Canon Software to manage adjust and covert the Raw files, You have curves, white balance, sharpening and batch process to develop large quantities of files.
You can use AdobeCameraRaw is a Photoshop plug-in, I´m sure that you are using it because if you open a raw file in Photoshop CameraRaw opens.
Adobe develop a new software with the base of camera raw calls Photoshop Lightroom a very complete software not only to develop the files, you can index, presentations, contac sheets and web catalogues. It is amazing but is the version 1 needs to improve in some areas.
Mariano
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2007, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianajenna View Post
It's a Canon 5D. I'm not a photographer, so I don't know if that's good or bad. I don't know what kind of software the photographer used, but I've got it in Photoshop now.

Diana
well a canon 5d is a great camera. its one of the top models of digitial slr's canon has at the moment. if it was a nikon image i could helped you a bit more cause i know that myself. so are you figuring out what to do with this?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camilla_k View Post
well a canon 5d is a great camera. its one of the top models of digitial slr's canon has at the moment. if it was a nikon image i could helped you a bit more cause i know that myself. so are you figuring out what to do with this?
I think I'm getting there. Instead of using the two Curves layers or the 50% gray layer method it seems to be working best for this image to use two blank layers. One for lighten using a white brush (20% opacity and 100% fill in layers palette and 2% brush flow). And one for darken using skin tone colored brush (40% opacity and 100% fill in layers palette and 2% brush flow). This recipe came about with A LOT of trial and error. By sampling the skin tone for the dark color instead of using black or grey I don't get the blackish dots I was getting when I tried to darken. I've got a long way to go still, because the model's complexion is sort of rough, but I think I can get there now.

Thanks everyone for your help!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching