RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

The demystification of dave hill! let's all help!

Old 06-18-2009, 01:11 PM

Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtmm View Post
I posted those just when Cypi asked. I get most info when some pro reveals BA. To me is enough to see what has changed, it does not matter how it has been changed. I dont need a hand to guide me through a workflow, I love to explore by myself and make my own workflows.
I agree... WE have our own methods of work and the quote says that the wizard is wizard because only the wizard knows his secrets. However, just lazy people asks for an step by step tutorial. I really like experimentation and thinking how could be done some style, etc. Also, in the trying to discover process, you usually can get other interesting results that cannot be found by following the rules.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2009, 02:37 PM

Hi Snook,

The purpose of my earlier discourse with MTMM was simply for the benefit of other less proficient Photoshop users.

To be quite honest I'm not that interested in the Dave Hill look anyway as it is very dated now. I'm personally much more intrigued by more refined photographers / retouchers such as Andzrej Dragan.

In terms of going out and shooting that is exactly what I have been doing and am very pleased with the look I have acheived...here is my latest Fine Art Portrait as proof and no, it is not Dave Hill!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2440/...68b1863d_b.jpg

Unlike you who claim not to be interested in the Dave Hill look, I will stand by this post and will no longer be contributing to this thread.

Good luck everyone in their quest for the infamous DH look. By the time you've figured it out it it might be back in fashion again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longside1 View Post
Hi Snook,

The purpose of my earlier discourse with MTMM was simply for the benefit of other less proficient Photoshop users.

To be quite honest I'm not that interested in the Dave Hill look anyway as it is very dated now. I'm personally much more intrigued by more refined photographers / retouchers such as Andzrej Dragan.

In terms of going out and shooting that is exactly what I have been doing and am very pleased with the look I have acheived...here is my latest Fine Art Portrait as proof and no, it is not Dave Hill!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2440/...68b1863d_b.jpg

Unlike you who claim not to be interested in the Dave Hill look, I will stand by this post and will no longer be contributing to this thread.

Good luck everyone in their quest for the infamous DH look. By the time you've figured it out it it might be back in fashion again.

Not sure what you last post meant.
!. Your image looks nothing like Dragan.
2.Dragan Post probably were the Hottest Post in EVERY forum all of the world and never really went anywhere either, so good luck.
3.What did you contribute so far that you will not contribute anymore? Sorry do not get it.
4.If your not interested in DH than what the hell you in this thread for?
5.Go out and shoot a 5 point set up and then post it here and maybe someone can DH it for you including Mtmm.
6.Luck is for horseshoes and Hand greandes, not photoshop.
7. Mtmm work also has nothing to do with Dragan and will not help in any case. They are totally different approaches.

8.Sorry you will be leaving, but when you figure out the Dragan technique post it, b/c there over 600.000 people looking for the same thing according to the request...

I'll will give you a tip for the dragan look.
Throw a layer above you colored layer but in B&W (of you choice) and throw that layer on Multiply or Lumnosity then D&B the hell out of the image, especially the edges to get nice and dark.
Then Liquify variuos face feature to exaggerate them...:+}

Snook
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 PM

Newbie Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Everybody here inspires me to post how I feel...

http://www.fadewoodarts.com/oldpatredone.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadewoodarts View Post
Everybody here inspires me to post how I feel...

http://www.fadewoodarts.com/oldpatredone.jpg
I felt just like you when it took 15 minutes for one picture from your site to load...........................................................................................................................LOL
Snook
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2009, 05:30 PM

Talking Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Mamiya RZProIID with A P30 or P45 Digital Back.
Catalogue usually and a lot of images on my site are Canon 1DsMII.
All Profoto Lighting.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snook305 View Post
I felt just like you when it took 15 minutes for one picture from your site to load...........................................................................................................................LOL
Snook
Hey now Im working on it, Im working on it lol Im a stickler for best quality, but I guess I gotta forfeit that for faster loading times.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 03:14 AM

http://www.fadewoodarts.com/left4dead.png

This shot IMO is def pretty damn photoshopped.. next time we will be more prepared with props and what not and skin alterations and fake blood, kind of last minute shoot for class, but we ended up going with the vampire/zombie killer effect. I think its pretty funny.. like "Get the hell out of my hottub" look.

Whatevs
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 04:15 AM

Hi, I have been popping back to this thread here and there for the last 30 pages or so and think enough info has been revealed by various folks to produce pretty good results. Here (i hope if the attachment works) is my version from info only got from this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elvisgolfsmall02.jpg (76.1 KB, 133 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypisek View Post
cool hehe Fadewoodarts, your photos look like first photo DH when he started adventure with his own style. You are on the good way to success !!! You need only more lights and ringflash and will be really really nice

best regards
Philip
Thanks Philip, I own a ring flash, and yes I debated using it on that shoot, and I should have to fill in more areas like his tactical vest on the left. We used about 6 lights and shot for the background first on tripod, then kept position and shot both the guys separately with separate lighting and then composited. It was at 3 in the morning, didn't have our full brain power that night as well after a few drinks. lol
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching