RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

The demystification of dave hill! let's all help!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #351  
Old 12-28-2007, 07:02 PM
plugsnpixels's Avatar
plugsnpixels plugsnpixels is offline
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA area
Posts: 2,027
Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

That's a nice texture on the foreground subject. I would just suggest (for this particular photo) to dim down/soften/vignette the folks around him (distracting).
Reply With Quote top
  #352  
Old 12-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Eks Eks is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

pic from "My take on Dragan" thread

http://img144.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_921lo.jpg

Last edited by Eks; 12-30-2007 at 04:50 AM.
Reply With Quote top
  #353  
Old 12-29-2007, 06:32 PM
One4UAll One4UAll is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 112
Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

This entire thread is so much nonsense, from the standpoint that one artist has an answer to successful retouching for all occasions. Even DH disavows his is the only technique. DH provides a certain effect for a certain client for a certain project. Yes, learn from DH's technique, but to genuflect before it as a way of making more money is, well, robotic, which is what DHs images make humans into.

Superkoax is exceedingly boring. It could be he's up so late due to the midnight sun.
Reply With Quote top
  #354  
Old 12-30-2007, 05:41 AM
superkoax's Avatar
superkoax superkoax is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 773
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

haha...me boring?! so,so wrong!
if this thread is nonsense then you, sir, you're just plain stupid! to learn and to discuss DH technique has given me a lot of ideas. Can't speak for others who have participated in this thread, but I think that to call this thread nonsense is just ignorant!

BTW, midnight sun? LOL! you probably think that we have polar bears running around here in Bergen as well...
Reply With Quote top
  #355  
Old 12-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Mtmm Mtmm is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 177
Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoax View Post

BTW, midnight sun? LOL! you probably think that we have polar bears running around here in Bergen as well...
They are all here in Helsinki Finland.
Reply With Quote top
  #356  
Old 12-30-2007, 09:23 AM
morpheus1870 morpheus1870 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 105
Wink Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Had another go.

I think the thread is great by the way, the amount i have learned (d&b, curve variations etc) makes it well worth while.

Peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jester.jpg (92.8 KB, 220 views)
Reply With Quote top
  #357  
Old 12-30-2007, 02:28 PM
One4UAll One4UAll is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 112
Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Quote:
Originally Posted by One4UAll View Post
This entire thread is so much nonsense, from the standpoint that one artist has an answer to successful retouching for all occasions. Even DH disavows his is the only technique. DH provides a certain effect for a certain client for a certain project. Yes, learn from DH's technique, but to genuflect before it as a way of making more money is, well, robotic, which is what DHs images make humans into.

Superkoax is exceedingly boring. It could be he's up so late due to the midnight sun.
My apologies to superkoax & to all who've participated in this thread. I wasn't thinking when I wrote that post & I displayed a great deal of ignorance, to my regret. I apologize also for stereotyping Norway & Scandinavia, in general, esp. since I'm Norwegian on my mother's side. I guess I thought I could poke some fun at my own people. Anyway, I'm sorry.
Reply With Quote top
  #358  
Old 12-30-2007, 02:41 PM
superkoax's Avatar
superkoax superkoax is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 773
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Quote:
Originally Posted by One4UAll View Post
My apologies to superkoax & to all who've participated in this thread. I wasn't thinking when I wrote that post & I displayed a great deal of ignorance, to my regret. I apologize also for stereotyping Norway & Scandinavia, in general, esp. since I'm Norwegian on my mother's side. I guess I thought I could poke some fun at my own people. Anyway, I'm sorry.
no prob man! this is the most alive polar bear you'll ever see in Norway http://www.freidig.no/Isbj%C3%B8rn.jpg

Good to see other fellow vikings in here
Reply With Quote top
  #359  
Old 01-01-2008, 05:56 PM
superkoax's Avatar
superkoax superkoax is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 773
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus1870 View Post
Had another go.

I think the thread is great by the way, the amount i have learned (d&b, curve variations etc) makes it well worth while.

Peace
I think that by changing out the background with some circus or something the after picture would look so much cooler!

thanks fro sharing!
Reply With Quote top
  #360  
Old 01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
George B's Avatar
George B George B is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10
Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Hi guys,

I've really enjoyed this thread so I decided to played around with the photo posted by hrkljush.....here are my results.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...ljush-test.jpg

Lucisart then used Photo-Plugins local contrast enhancement, D&B, and Saturation adjust.

George

Last edited by George B; 01-03-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 1st attemp at dave hill look tha king Photo Retouching 13 04-17-2010 12:44 PM
Looking for help in recreating Dave Hill look. Caesium Photo Retouching 15 04-27-2009 11:52 AM
Creative interpretations: Flowers - Tulips on a hill DannyRaphael Photo-Based Art 11 09-09-2004 01:51 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved