RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

The demystification of dave hill! let's all help!

Old 05-02-2008, 04:23 PM

Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_taipan View Post
Can anyone close this stupid thread ? it's been months already and this has been any possible demonstration of mediocrity. People should focus on creativity rather than brainlessly copy a look or another. worst if that concerns a "B" class photographer...
OMG....Do you seriously consider yourself the voice for everyone on RP? Why EVEN bother spew out negative words?! Man, you're so full of your self...A round of applaud goes your way, Taipan!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2008, 05:48 PM

Her is a quick shoot i did! would need some side light to make it more hill'ish!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_Hot_Streak.jpg (98.5 KB, 208 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2008, 06:05 PM

her is the before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_Hot_Streak2.jpg (86.9 KB, 135 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 05:27 AM

This is a joke right Sorry but how much time does one spend on this
its ok to Emulate but then move on people
Zganie
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 05:59 AM

Zganie...if it is time for you to move on ...Move...the thead will end when there is no longer any interest. For now..there still seems to be interest.

With regards to Lucis Art (above) I have still yet to see a post from someone other than plugsnpixels who has claimed to use the $600 upgrade. To date, I've seen no evidence of a difference from the $150 product and the more expensive one...the only difference now is that if you want the product you've got to go with the more expensive version...maybe a discussion on a different post.

Last edited by skydog; 05-03-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoax View Post
OMG....Do you seriously consider yourself the voice for everyone on RetouchPRO? Why EVEN bother spew out negative words?! Man, you're so full of your self...A round of applaud goes your way, Taipan!!!
you think you can make an image just by copying some style uh ? let me tell you what you are; just a bored day time job guy who spends his sundays in front of photoshop hoping he'll work something out of it.
You're efforts are so ridiculously pointed toward emptiness it makes you terribly pathetic. Now u tell me that i am full of myself -
let me tell you man, you're the one who highly overestimate himself thinking you can achieve things just foolishly applying techniques !
Now I ask you who do you think you are, sitting your fat ass in front of your computer spitting advices to others, on a subject you think you know well...
Look at the numbers of your posts; man if you worked half the time you spend on the forum you could be the next avedon !
The truth is that I, for myself still have a lot of work to have done before i get where i want to. and speaking of it, I know the amount of work that it takes: I've been drawing for more than 15 years now, learning perspective and anatomy, I've been a painter for the same amount of time, and attended french Fine Arts school. After that I attended a European school of media design. Now i collaborate with a fashion photographer, and i retouch his photos, which has been published.
Im not telling you that to flatter my ego as you might think: just maybe to say that it takes a huge amount of humility to tell oneself one has to go through long years of learning to get where they want.
Now i'll be leaving you toying with you brand new wacom tablet, fancy camera you think they'll get you somewhere. For myself i'll be returning to work and be productive. Have a nice time jerking around
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 10:06 AM

Only things concerning this thread that need moderation are Hello_taipan's posts.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
you think you can make an image just by copying some style uh ? let me tell you what you are; just a bored day time job guy who spends his sundays in front of photoshop hoping he'll work something out of it.
You're efforts are so ridiculously pointed toward emptiness it makes you terribly pathetic. Now u tell me that i am full of myself -
let me tell you man, you're the one who highly overestimate himself thinking you can achieve things just foolishly applying techniques !
Now I ask you who do you think you are, sitting your fat ass in front of your computer spitting advices to others, on a subject you think you know well...
Look at the numbers of your posts; man if you worked half the time you spend on the forum you could be the next avedon !
The truth is that I, for myself still have a lot of work to have done before i get where i want to. and speaking of it, I know the amount of work that it takes: I've been drawing for more than 15 years now, learning perspective and anatomy, I've been a painter for the same amount of time, and attended french Fine Arts school. After that I attended a European school of media design. Now i collaborate with a fashion photographer, and i retouch his photos, which has been published.
Im not telling you that to flatter my ego as you might think: just maybe to say that it takes a huge amount of humility to tell oneself one has to go through long years of learning to get where they want.
Now i'll be leaving you toying with you brand new wacom tablet, fancy camera you think they'll get you somewhere. For myself i'll be returning to work and be productive. Have a nice time jerking around

you type too much
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesium View Post
Only things concerning this thread that need moderation are Hello_taipan's posts.
Well, He is a little harsh. It would appear that he is into the "no pain-no gain school" and to a degree he is correct. But he can't seem to accept that some of us are businessmen and seek a living from this craft. Yes, you have to know as much as you can, but whatever tools of the trade that come along and make the job easier and quicker are well worth while.

He is lucky if he has a gift for art. Some of us are art challenged and have to use it , not by instinct, but by the book. If Lucis Art, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc help to quickly turn a shoot into sales. . . God bless them.

Life is too short for constant non-constructive critique. It is easy to comment on the part that is good AND to add AND IT COULD BE IMPROVED EVEN MORE IF . . . . . . . . .

Smiles!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:

Lmao@ you writing that essay and having the nerve to tell someone else they dont have a life.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching