RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

The demystification of dave hill! let's all help!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:29 PM

Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfly1 View Post
Explanation later.

Come on folks, somebody give me a comment.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Hello_taipan;191566]
Quote:
you think you can make an image just by copying some style uh ?
We are all here to learn...You judge people because they are interested in learning a specific techniques! I ahev never said i would copy Dave Hill. To learn something on the way is what I see as important.
Quote:
let me tell you what you are; just a bored day time job guy who spends his sundays in front of photoshop hoping he'll work something out of it.
WOOOOOW!! You really go all the way...Some little girly boy is mad, ey? You don't even know me, so just lay of trying to attack me...What you do just now is so stupid of you...Your points with this is so ridiculous...Now everyone can see how FULL OF YOUR SELF YOUR REALLY ARE...
Quote:
You're efforts are so ridiculously pointed toward emptiness it makes you terribly pathetic. Now u tell me that i am full of myself
let me tell you man, you're the one who highly overestimate himself thinking you can achieve things just foolishly applying techniques !
Now I ask you who do you think you are, sitting your fat ass in front of your computer spitting advices to others, on a subject you think you know well...
Look at the numbers of your posts; man if you worked half the time you spend on the forum you could be the next avedon !
What? Fat ass? hehe...Some people who really have a bad self esteem really try to attack others...BTW, I have never said I'm a DAVE HILL KNOW IT ALL!!! People here know that! I made this thread because I wanted to learn more about his style...I give my opinion on what I think looks good and bad...NOTHING wrong in that...
Quote:
The truth is that I, for myself still have a lot of work to have done before i get where i want to. and speaking of it, I know the amount of work that it takes: I've been drawing for more than 15 years now, learning perspective and anatomy, I've been a painter for the same amount of time, and attended french Fine Arts school. After that I attended a European school of media design. Now i collaborate with a fashion photographer, and i retouch his photos, which has been published.
How nice for you...Can't express how good it must to be you...wow!
Quote:
Im not telling you that to flatter my ego as you might think:
HAHAHAHA!!!! Not full of your self....That is from now on an understatement!

Quote:
Now i'll be leaving you toying with you brand new wacom tablet, fancy camera you think they'll get you somewhere.
Thank you! Love my Wacom! A new camera is a good tool to have!

So to sum this up here,

You wrote a negative response....People reacted to your ridiculously written post before this! I replied to it just to tell you really, really how judgmental, arrogant and ignorant you sound! And by you posting this loooooong reply just gives people a nice view over how you really define your self....
Good luck to you, Taipan!

Once again I must applaud you!

Gerry

Last edited by superkoax; 05-03-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 03:51 PM

The pictures, anybody?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
and another

hello, Crazy!

I think that this is a nice try, but it looks very lucis arts...What I have learned by following this Dave Hill thread is that Lighting, multiple exposers to background and separate exposures to the models AND good post pro in Photoshop is the essence in Dave Hills photographs...thanks for sharing! keep posting new edits...

Gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogdart View Post
her is the before.
GREAT job zog, what did you do to it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
The pictures, anybody?

no where near dave hill... over processing using presets on plugins dont make it look like dave hill
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

skydog, no one else will be posting examples created with LucisArt Pro until the beta or a trial version is released later this summer. I'm using what I'm told is the "core" of the upcoming version, for early testing (I do this occasionally; I have beta tested for Apple, Corel, ACD, Ambrosia, etc.). I understand the final version will have a different interface, at the very least, thus I haven't posted screenshots of it as it currently stands.

There won't be shocking differences between what Lucis Pro (the current high-end version of the Lucis technology) can do and the upcoming LucisArt Pro. The approach is similar, but the software has been updated to be compatible with hardware and OS advances of the past four years. And both Lucis Pro and LucisArt Pro are much more flexible than LucisArt (the current low-end plug-in version). Once you are freed from the presets and little buttons which interrupt the smooth transition of the effects, you will have much more fun.

I intend to post a challenge here at RetouchPRO later this summer where we pit our skills against LucisArt Pro, trying to determine whether it is unique or if it can be matched by native Photoshop effects and/or cheaper plug-ins. Should be interesting!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 09:47 PM

Cool Re: The demystification of dave hill! let's all he

superkoax, EternalTomorrow,
Thank you for your responses. I am not using any plugins to get the effect.
I'm posting my latest effort here. Your feedback is much appreciated.
I'm going to put togather a little expose' of what I've been doing and how I accomplished it and what my results are. Should have it written up in the next day or so and I think you all will find it interesting, or at least entertaining. Again thanx for your comments. Let me know what you think of my latest effort. From the left image you'll see that the origional was probably not great but I think it took the treatment rather well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 09:52 PM

Hmmm, and here they are...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tled-1.jpg (98.4 KB, 238 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

It's darker (??). Is that an "LA" gang sign?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching