RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Video Beauty Retouch

Old 01-08-2008, 11:28 PM

Re: Video Beauty Retouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB View Post
For the entire face, she add high pass, gaussian blur, set it to linear light, lower opacity and finally, add a mask. that's byro's technique.
After watching the video many times in slow motion the purpose of this step remains unclear to me.

The tutorial you reference is about using the blur effect over the whole skin, Natalia is using it over cretin areas of the face only.

Judging by the before and after preview, it seems Natalia used this technique to smooth out areas of transition between shadows/highlights and midtones, instead of using it to smooth out the who face, is that correct?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2008, 02:50 AM

Hi!

If you want watch the movie slower you can do it like that.

Download the movie and convert it to AVI. There's a site that's called http://vixy.net where you can have the conversion done online - just paste in the youtube link.

Then open the AVI in Media Player Classic (http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=205650). That nice little player allows you to increase and decrease the speed of the movie and you can even watch the frames step by step.

Take care ... Andreas.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul10000 View Post
After watching the video many times in slow motion the purpose of this step remains unclear to me.

The tutorial you reference is about using the blur effect over the whole skin, Natalia is using it over cretin areas of the face only.

Judging by the before and after preview, it seems Natalia used this technique to smooth out areas of transition between shadows/highlights and midtones, instead of using it to smooth out the who face, is that correct?

Thanks in advance
the purpose of this step is to smooth the major imperfections and leave the minor. In other words, the same stuff you said XD

If you use that effect for the whole skin, some parts can get a little bit strange, so, masks are always welcome.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB View Post
the purpose of this step is to smooth the major imperfections and leave the minor. In other words, the same stuff you said XD

If you use that effect for the whole skin, some parts can get a little bit strange, so, masks are always welcome.
cool, but whats XD??
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul10000 View Post
cool, but whats XD??
HAUIhaHIahua XD

It's kind hard to explain (specially in english). You have to see for yourself...just use the technique... You will see some major imperfections desapear.... minor will stand there.... makes the retouch looks more real.....

A similar technique --> http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1169397

But of course, if you want perfection, just dodge and burn =D
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzaga View Post
Hi!

If you want watch the movie slower you can do it like that.

Download the movie and convert it to AVI. There's a site that's called http://vixy.net where you can have the conversion done online - just paste in the youtube link.

Then open the AVI in Media Player Classic (http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=205650). That nice little player allows you to increase and decrease the speed of the movie and you can even watch the frames step by step.

Take care ... Andreas.
thank you Andreas, this has been very helpfull.
Peter
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2008, 11:14 PM

Oh, Natalia, it's really great to see you here, I'm really a big fan of your amazing work and i've tried to contact you but I never had the chance to have your contact info, I've seen this video of yours and it was such a great inspiration to me, my work had really improved since then, specially when I saw you talking about the doge/burn tools on deviant art.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-13-2008, 04:37 PM

after viewing the video in slow motion, many things became much clearer, but not all.
In some section alot of painting is happening:
"give her some glow fillining the whites with whites", "lips", "some painting, shading and texturing", what mode is used for paining? didn't see if it was changed to anyhting else from normal, but normal mode would seem to destroy the details.

Also how does degrunge complement d&b? On the surface it looks like degrunge at least to some degree is destructive with application of gaussian blur, yet the whole point of d&b is to preserve every single detail (which is not possible with healing etc), very time consuming and requiring quite a bit of patience and experience (at least I am finding it still quite difficult to cover the area correctly).

Thank you.
Peter
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-13-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studionewmarket View Post
after viewing the video in slow motion, many things became much clearer, but not all.
In some section alot of painting is happening:
"give her some glow fillining the whites with whites", "lips", "some painting, shading and texturing", what mode is used for paining? didn't see if it was changed to anyhting else from normal, but normal mode would seem to destroy the details.
I will respond to this part which I know more. Use soft light blend mode as you add white and black to enhance the highlights and shadows
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2008, 06:43 AM

Very nice, thank you
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching