RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Video Beauty Retouch

Old 02-03-2008, 09:02 AM

Re: Video Beauty Retouch

So now with all these complements, Im not going to give one. lol. just kidding, a nice video. The only thing im wondering is she looks way smooth in the end and her eyes are way too bright. I dont know if this your style, or if the youtube vid just gives no justice. I may have missed it but did you place a higher res of the final in this post?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2008, 09:27 AM

I agree that you are very good. Interesting that you don't use layers more.

I do a lot of training stuff. If you wanted to turn this into a tutorial, you would want to break it down into the basic components, and do a short training video on each item, with more explanation as to what is going on, and a little bit more step by step. For getting the narration done, it wouldn't be too hard. Just create a text to go with it that someone can read in as a narration. The narrator could probably help you to get the English right.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2008, 11:28 AM

I've been an admirer of your abilities for awhile GM. Thanks for taking the time to make that video and share
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2008, 11:54 AM

very very.....very amazing.....in complete admiration....EXQUISITE WORK!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2008, 05:26 PM

Wow, I'm impressed. If you need a place to host a high-res version of the video, you can use my site. The quality on YouTube is pretty terrible for actually seeing all the steps. You can e-mail me at aliasjanedoe@hotmail.com if you're interested. I might also be able to help you with your English. You do seem to type fluently, however. Why not just type your steps and display them like subtitles? And I think you could easily make enough money selling tutorials to buy a Wacom tablet.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2008, 06:19 AM

for hosting of HQ vids i totally recommend vimeo.com.. It's free and it's HD, perfect to get minor changes in skin texture, you won't be able to see in youtube vids..

BTW Godmother: I just added you to my flickr contacts..
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2008, 09:39 AM

SORRY I haven't read the last.. I don't know like 15 comments lol
ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_snake View Post
i've tried to contact you but I never had the chance to have your contact info
How come??? My info is everywhere! Just google me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studionewmarket View Post
"give her some glow fillining the whites with whites"
When you have retouched the image if you want that WET or really SHINNY look, you can fill the whites with white:

AMY DRESSER: this may possibly be my only "trick." This has to be done as a final step or it will magnify any so-called-flaws that are white in nature. Make a new empty layer on top of everything. with pure white selected as the foreground color in the tool bar go to Select > Color Range. The whites of the image should already be selected by default. Move the fuzziness slider so the slightest dusting of selection will be made (click selection radio vs. image radio), hit OK. Fill this selection with white. Mask or erase out what is too much. sometimes i blur this layer a bit.

Quote:
"lips", "some painting, shading and texturing", what mode is used for paining? didn't see if it was changed to anyhting else from normal, but normal mode would seem to destroy the details.
Yes it does destroy the details when you have them If you don't have texture or details to work with you MAKE THEM.

I always paint in normal mode because I only pain where texture is not needed or not there in the first place.

Quote:
Also how does degrunge complement d&b? On the surface it looks like degrunge at least to some degree is destructive with application of gaussian blur, yet the whole point of d&b is to preserve every single detail (which is not possible with healing etc), very time consuming and requiring quite a bit of patience and experience (at least I am finding it still quite difficult to cover the area correctly).
Thank you.
Peter
D&B an entire image takes more than 10 hours. Not all clients have more than 10 hours of retouching budget and not all images are printed larger than A3. And not all the images your work on are VOGUE COVERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMarshall View Post
The only thing im wondering is she looks way smooth in the end and her eyes are way too bright. I dont know if this your style, or if the youtube vid just gives no justice. I may have missed it but did you place a higher res of the final in this post?
I didn't post a higher res one... I think...
I would now, but I don't have it on my regular disk and I'm lazy (Like really lazy) The compression of the vid tends to play with contrast and that's why it looks so white, but then I used to make eyes REALLY shinny... I think it depends on the image now a days or the client. Matte is really IN right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasAngel View Post
Wow, I'm impressed. If you need a place to host a high-res version of the video, you can use my site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecols View Post
for hosting of HQ vids i totally recommend vimeo.com.. It's free and it's HD, perfect to get minor changes in skin texture, you won't be able to see in youtube vids..
About actually hosting THAT vid... well I made that Video when I was PC based and now I have mac the vid seems corrupted here in my new shinny imac. Another thing... I have a screen capture soft a friend let me to try and the vids end up being really really heavy (like more than 100 GB) I have no idea how to make that smaller.
Another thing I'm writing a tutorial chris is helping me with the english (tho I made the high pass thing on my blog all by my self
But I have had some threats against publishing it for free it's kind of crazy but it made me think about it...

Anyway... thanks for all your comments and for watching my little vid. I'm glad it even helped some of you. I just made that vid to show ppl there's no 5 minute trick that does it all
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2008, 06:12 PM

natalia,

you're good
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
About actually hosting THAT vid... well I made that Video when I was PC based and now I have mac the vid seems corrupted here in my new shinny imac. Another thing... I have a screen capture soft a friend let me to try and the vids end up being really really heavy (like more than 100 GB) I have no idea how to make that smaller.
Another thing I'm writing a tutorial chris is helping me with the english (tho I made the high pass thing on my blog all by my self
But I have had some threats against publishing it for free it's kind of crazy but it made me think about it...

Anyway... thanks for all your comments and for watching my little vid. I'm glad it even helped some of you. I just made that vid to show ppl there's no 5 minute trick that does it all
if you're using Snapz Pro X you will have to lower the frame setting to 5 and record in sections to make the files more managable, you can then use MPEG Streamclip(which is free) to export them as mp4 files which reduce the file size significantly especially when you reduce the frame size to 640X480, try this out and let me know how it works for you...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2008, 04:22 PM

I use GOM player to reduce speed, it's great. The movie is very nice, it's a bit pity the resolution is low, but still valuable. Thanks!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching