RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Best retouchers World has to offer?

Old 09-18-2007, 03:57 PM

Re: Best retouchers World has to offer?

"Nucleus?"

John Rosen's Company? Hmmm. I'd be surprised.
No it is an offshoot of Coloredge. The salesman broke off and took a bunch
of retouchers with him. AMong the clients were Steve and Annie and some other large catalogue work. Damn. I need to check my books when I get home. I have the name on some of my invoices.

Steve

Meisel is extremely reclusive. He rarely if ever leaves his studio/apt.
In fact, for one job I had to go there with the salesman in order to know what he wanted. Very different. At least for me.
Check out my website. Thee is a list of everyone there(nearly complete) that I have worked with. Right now I am doing another image for Michael Thompson.

I love Avedon's work and would have loved to work with him also. I have doen some work with one of his contemporaries, Melvin Sokolsky. And had an opportunity (hopefully still) to work with one of the last greats around, Hiro. That I would jump at the chance to do.

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Steve, All the great photographers are here (and LA, London, Paris). If you are a working high end retoucher in NYC or at least the tri-state area you work on Steve's work, on LaChapelle, Thompson, you name it.
Ant, this is funny because a client of mine went to a LaChapelle book signing in LA and she asked him how much Photoshopping he does on his images and apparently he said either very little or none at all. Of course, seeing his work and being a retoucher and photographer myself, uh, no way dude, images like those just "don't come outta the camera." And to me, that's fine whatever he does in post, because they are his images, his vision, his concept, same with Meisel and the other great fashion shooters

I would also assume that anything and every image we see in the high end fashion mags has taken a trip or two to you retouchers for a final tweak, no matter how good the org image comes directly out of the camera, even with perfect exposures and lighting

steve
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB2005 View Post
I would also assume that anything and every image we see in the high end fashion mags has taken a trip or two to you retouchers for a final tweak, no matter how good the org image comes directly out of the camera, even with perfect exposures and lighting

steve
you bet it does, when i used to scan some of the conde nast prints you could see where there had been airbrushing done to them...now why you would use a flat color on a glossy print is beyond me as the scanner would pick that up and there would be retouching on top of airbrushing...
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket1961 View Post
Pascal owns The Box and they don't have a web site.

Chris

http://www.boxstudios.com/

Is this it?

gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoax View Post

Is this it?

gerry
koax, it looks like you get the lollipop of the day for finding the Pascal Box site. well done, no one else has seemed to find a link. You found the man hidden behind the curtain. I'll check it out, looks quite interesting

steve
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:30 PM

steve, what are you gonna check out their address… that sites been posted here a few times.....for clients really.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1156 View Post
steve, what are you gonna check out their address… that sites been posted here a few times.....for clients really.
Well, several people here were interested in Pascal and claimed they had no luck finding his site. I was interested in seeing some of the work they do, maybe some before and after images like you see on Amy Dresser's site and Chris Tarantino has a site. but as you said, it looks like you only get access for clients only

steve
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:48 PM

yea i hear ya, some agencies won't show befores, unless it's for business purposes only to respect their clients. Most photogs don't like people seeing their raw images. as retouchers, we know why!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1156 View Post
yea i hear ya, some agencies won't show befores, unless it's for business purposes only to respect their clients. Most photogs don't like people seeing their raw images. as retouchers, we know why!
hehe, me included, I don't ever let ever let clients see my RAW images of jewelry, mainly because in shooting jewelry, I underexpose 1/2 to 1 stop and it may look too dark on screen and also I focus stack and sometimes have to composite 2-3 images so the whole piece will appear the same for the final file. But of course in RAW, shooting under and over doesn't really mess up the image beyond tweaking it for a near perfect output

Now there are some mouse over before and after images on the Amy dresser site from several photographers

steve
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoax View Post

Is this it?

gerry
Thats it. But I guess I should have clarified that tey do not have a site for viewing their work.

Chris
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching