RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

70 percent hot! (beauty Retouching)

Old 09-23-2007, 12:21 PM

Re: 70 percent hot! (beauty Retouching)

Ok! I got how to get the cmyk reading when making color adjustments. edgework, your explanation for dark skin is extremely informative! Thanx for that. I must say I like your manipulation with out color work. Only thing is I wish I could do have done a better job of lighting the hair. That's a different story and forum. I bet it would have helped tremendously.

Rudd - Although, the skin was a little over-processed for my taste, I really like the eye work. Mainly how you enhanced her lashes. I'll give that a try! I don't think she would go for the thick eye brow though, as good as it is

Back to the drawing board
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltacticon View Post
Ok! I got how to get the cmyk reading when making color adjustments. edgework, your explanation for dark skin is extremely informative! Thanx for that. I must say I like your manipulation with out color work. Only thing is I wish I could do have done a better job of lighting the hair. That's a different story and forum. I bet it would have helped tremendously.

Rudd - Although, the skin was a little over-processed for my taste, I really like the eye work. Mainly how you enhanced her lashes. I'll give that a try! I don't think she would go for the thick eye brow though, as good as it is

Back to the drawing board
Haha, well youre right, its not really good done, just what you say over-processed, im going sometimes 'to far haha. thats because i did it in 15 minuts, for jobs or photos that are of good quality and i like them im taking about days or something, so thats the point But thanks you like the 'eye work' !
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2007, 01:04 PM

here is my version...I've tried to get her too look more brown if I can say that without being rude...

Gerry

OH, an error or what? tried to upload a picture that was accurate right on 100kb, but the system wouldn't let me upload it...take a look at the picture on that one as well...abit funny to read the error message...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BLACK-BEAUTY.jpg (98.9 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg error.jpg (13.7 KB, 36 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2007, 01:19 PM

Just exploring new ways.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wom-webversion.jpg (95.5 KB, 93 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2007, 08:44 PM

I liked what edge did with it, so hopefully he won't be mad I worked off his retouch. Just playing around with making it monochrome. Yet another different look. Some paint with light, bringing out the eyes, more dramatic makeup, very little things. Looks nice as a bw too.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o.../bwretouch.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoe View Post
I liked what edge did with it, so hopefully he won't be mad I worked off his retouch. Just playing around with making it monochrome. Yet another different look. Some paint with light, bringing out the eyes, more dramatic makeup, very little things. Looks nice as a bw too.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o.../bwretouch.jpg
Not mad at all. However it would be much more useful to you to work from the original. And for us as well. Whether an individual effort succeeds, or fails, everyone still learns.

Last edited by edgework; 09-24-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 PM

Messed around with some noise, and sharpening.

Little more makeup.

Little accent here and there...

http://i5.tinypic.com/4zxewib.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 AM

looks like you guys covered all the difforent ways to clean up bare skin so i thought why not some fashion makeup!!!!!, I used what they call "smokey eye" but with purples instead of natural skin tones. ( yes it is very extream looking) Its a nice effect you see in a lot of fashion shows. oh and the original touch up job you did was very good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg woman-withmakup.jpg (93.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg closeup.jpg (85.8 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by MatthewMarshall; 09-24-2007 at 04:34 AM. Reason: forgot some text
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2007, 05:11 AM

Ok newbie here but thought I'd have a go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beauty.jpg (96.6 KB, 45 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2007, 07:42 AM

Wow!! Thank you all you guys!! I must say that everyone did wonderful jobs and have really shown me, exactly what I need to make this image what I want. Starting by going with edgework's advice, I am going to leave the coloring alone because I liked his finish the best in terms of color. For internet purposes I'll ease off the sharpening like MatthewMarshall, it's just starting to bug me out. I did it make because I heard it prints better. Don't know if it's true, for I have no experience with print.

"here is my version...I've tried to get her too look more brown if I can say that without being rude..." I didn't realize color can be offensive... just kidding,
superkoax. I did like her darker too. tried it myself before but couldn't make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMarshall View Post
looks like you guys covered all the difforent ways to clean up bare skin so i thought why not some fashion makeup!!!!!, I used what they call "smokey eye" but with purples instead of natural skin tones. ( yes it is very extream looking) Its a nice effect you see in a lot of fashion shows. oh and the original touch up job you did was very good.
It is very cool what you did. Is there like a link to view the different styles of make up you know of? Very interesting stuff.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching