RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Eyes 101

Old 09-25-2007, 08:30 PM

Eyes 101

I know there are many threads about skin. I am also interested in eyes. I am often amazed by the beautiful eyes I see in some magazines..the light, the color the moisture etc. Agree the makeup, the photographer often make the photo, but for retouching I was wondering what is your favorite technique? Just don't show what you can do...please explain what you do. I have enclosed a picture of some eyes I took today. If you prefer another example, that is fine as well. thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EYES.jpg (77.4 KB, 147 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-27-2007, 03:20 AM

Re: Eyes 101

Hi skydog

i did some simple dodge and burn to the eyes on this .I burn the backs in a little in midtones then highlights i dodge a little to give the eyes a little sparkle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EYES.jpg (11.3 KB, 114 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-27-2007, 06:29 AM

Re: Eyes 101

I'm only registered as a guest, s I can not work on your pic. But heres what I do to all eyes. Darken top lashline, fill in any missing lashes. whiten just the corners where the iris and skin meet on bottom. I remove any second catch light(highlights) so there is only one. Pick the bigger one to keep. And clone to the other eye if it doesn't match. Dodge this highlight fairly heavily(this is what adds the sparkle). On the opposite side of the iris highlight with a midtone dodge in the iris itself, as this brightens the eyes. Hope this helps. Take a look at my website. Oh and sometimes I removet the existing catchlight all together and add a perfectly round one.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching