RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Wacom workflow guide?!

Old 09-29-2007, 12:30 PM

Wacom workflow guide?!

I have just received my Wacom Intuos3 A5 in the mail! Just starting to familiarize with it's capabilities and how it really works! But I have found out one thing, the mosue that comes with it it's not good! It's a bit choppy when moving it slow and to use it with pen tool or any small details isn't giving me any luck!

So are you guy sworking with only the Wacom pen to do everything? Or do you have a mouse on the side to use with other stuff?

The board itself is just heaven! Buy one today! just don't pay the gas bill, phone bill or whatever! It's worth it to sit without a phone for a month...

Are you guys working with the pen pressure when dodging or burning? I find it more easy to just work without pen pressure atm ...

Have a nice weekend!

gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 12:38 PM

Re: Wacom workflow guide?!

the mouse does suck big time...i had a job interview and they made me take a test using that crappy mouse, needless to say that threw me off completely and i didn't do as good as i could have...on my old computer i would use the pen for everything with the exception on making clipping paths...you should get used to working with pen pressure as that is the main advantage of not using a mouse...
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 12:44 PM

i only use a mouse when i'm working in illustartor doing complex mechanicals and die-cuts...but other than that it's useless to me.

i personally like to adjust the opacity setting rather than use pen pressure.

when cloning i always use 100% opacity, but i'll let the pressure adjust the brush size, especially when working on hair.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 01:18 PM

PIXEL: Thanks for replying, the mouse does suck! Why did they make you use the mouse on the test? talent hasn anything to do with that sucky mouse! It's like driving a car with a sucky steering wheel! if your a good driver you will suck as much as the steering! How much is your % opcaity do you set your pen too when using d/b?

KR: I have noticed when using pen pressure on cloning I get uneven results and is it healthy to press hard all the time to get 100% pressure on the cloning?

Cheers, guys!

gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 01:26 PM

they give everyone the test and they thought i was going to use the tablet as people have requested it in the past, needless to say i didn't get the job....i would always use 100% pressure when cloning, i would only vary the pressure when masking or airbrushing...
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 01:34 PM

yeah i find it easier to work with the pen pressure off too, i'm sure as i get more and more used to it and better at photoshop i will begin to use it, also i use the pen for EVERYTHING on my comp, i don't even own a mouse anymore.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 01:34 PM

PIX: So you don't use Pen Pressure when cloning? Is there any command u can use to make pen pressure go on and off? If not it's a good suggestion for the next Photoshop

gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 01:36 PM

DJ: do you use you pen for everyday work? and all other things as well?

The thing I'm struggling with the most is to change my habits from my mouse! When using a mousepad you lift the mouse up and move it backwards to get it move other places if you understand me? The pen doesn't do that! So ithat tickled my brain a bit for the first 2hours...

gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 01:41 PM

Try setting the mouse to the pen mode, so that it is mapped to screen locations like the pen is. It might work better for you.

Also, you can set pressure sensitivity on and off for the pen directly in photoshop. Its in the brush presets. Look for the Control drop down box in any of the check boxes that are enabled. (for example in the shape dynamics check box settings.)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.Cox View Post
Also, you can set pressure sensitivity on and off for the pen directly in photoshop. Its in the brush presets. Look for the Control drop down box in any of the check boxes that are enabled. (for example in the shape dynamics check box settings.)
That I know, but there should be keyboard shortcut, like ctrl + p + n or something....

gerry
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching