RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

My 1st Published Retouch XD

Old 11-20-2007, 08:15 AM

Re: My 1st Published Retouch XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajak View Post
thnkx edgework for ur feedback, though a bit harsh it is.
Harsh? Is it? A better question might be "Is it accurate?" Look, it's a harsh business. Photoshop's been around for nearly 30 years. A lot of people use it, and many of those who use it use it well. The competition is fierce. And the standard is high. Here's harsh: you try out at a new shop or studio; you see the kind of work that's being done there, you analyze the files you're picking up to work on, you see that your own work is in line with what's going on. They say "Thanks for coming in," and you never hear a thing again, and you'll never know why. Maybe you really aren't as good as you think, maybe it's any of myriad other possibilities. That's harsh.
Quote:
i c ppl do this all the time.. they do a retouch and ask the rest of the forum what they think about it.. what does it need? what isn't accurate.. etc 1 of every 5 posts is smthn similar to what i am asking
The post I answered was you asking why no one was responding. Well, I responded, and not only that, I offered some insight into why there might not have been a stampede of posts telling you what you want to hear, which seems to be acknowledgment for all the effort you've put into this, all the things you've read, all the tests you've made. Okay, I acknowledge you, truly; and would only suggest, continue.
Quote:
not sure y u r saying this as if i just posted a thread "what is the best way to retouch??" :S i did post a sample and this sample come after a lot of reading both of techniques and critiques. as well as a several test photos. the aim of my post was to evaluate how well did i apply what i learned till now and how to improve myself. i'm not expecting any1 to show me how it's done.. just point out how 2 make my next retouch look more professional
I'll repeat the core point of my original reply: you tell us. How well did you apply what you've studied? How willing are you to critique your own work? It's not really productive to tell someone that they either are "GREAT!!!!" or that they suck. If they're great, they know and don't need my input. If they suck and don't know it, they won't believe me if I tell them. Truth is, like most, you fall somewhere in between those poles, and that can be said for your posted effort. It certainly doesn't suck, but it's not great. Superkoax responded right away with some astute points, some of which were complimentary. I offered a couple, and Gary suggested an alternative work flow for what might be a more pleasing result. So what is it you want to hear?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2007, 08:30 AM

I vote that Edgework write the novel when we turn this site into a book.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
I vote that Edgework write the novel when we turn this site into a book.
For some reason the phrase "Stranger than Fiction" comes to mind.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching