RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Interesting German Photographer

Old 11-09-2007, 01:02 PM

Re: Interesting German Photographer

ant: hehe...I think I've seen a movie from that book...with anthony quinn?!

LOL! This thread takes u-turn...

Gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Yeah.

I think pie is one of the best desserts ever. Peach pie.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2007, 02:05 PM

I agree! Peach pie! But The Presidents Of The United States Of America does have a nice song about peaches as well ... I'm stopping now...
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-10-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1156 View Post
pick your monotone color of choice and push it in
Please describe this process.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-10-2007, 11:35 AM

prizo, what i meant was, in you curves box...push the R, G, B channels in the direction of the desired color you are after....play with it until you find the right color combination. since the underlying skin is desaturated, it will give you a monotone look like the provided jpeg. then you can bring the skin to life with your highlight/shadow and contrast moves.

just keep you color curve in "color" mode, so you don't shift anything other than the color around.

Last edited by KR1156; 11-10-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1156 View Post
nice pics....but is this style getting tiring to anyone?

wonder what photogs did before Photoshop.
i'm with you on this one. seems like it has all become variations of the same thing. its great work, but is anyone out there thinking out of the box?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:48 AM

Jennifer,

I would love to think out of the box...but I have no schooling, no art background, and my only free time is my down time at work which isn't much...I'm a medic in the army and I can't tell you why, or why, or why...

Photoshop is a passion that gives me 3 seconds a day to be creative, to express myself in a way that all the GI joes around me can appreciate. I am sorry these images are overplayed, and the same thing. To me it is amazing and when you work with a crowd who doesn't know dresser, greenberg, hill, they think that even if you get grenade range close your pic is amazing. That is why people are trying to understand this stuff...not because we want to just add to a style that is already in use... When I try to figure someone out, I wish I could explain to you how much I learn about Photography and Photoshop.

I know I will never go to art school, I can't afford it, and I can't hear well enough anymore to sit in on class. But I have time to read on here...and people like KR and Pelle take time to help explain things that are "played out"...but man does that make my day...

Hope this helps why we search for the same thing everyone else is doing...

aj
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.aj View Post
Jennifer,

I would love to think out of the box...but I have no schooling, no art background, and my only free time is my down time at work which isn't much...I'm a medic in the army and I can't tell you why, or why, or why...

Photoshop is a passion that gives me 3 seconds a day to be creative, to express myself in a way that all the GI joes around me can appreciate. I am sorry these images are overplayed, and the same thing. To me it is amazing and when you work with a crowd who doesn't know dresser, greenberg, hill, they think that even if you get grenade range close your pic is amazing. That is why people are trying to understand this stuff...not because we want to just add to a style that is already in use... When I try to figure someone out, I wish I could explain to you how much I learn about Photography and Photoshop.

I know I will never go to art school, I can't afford it, and I can't hear well enough anymore to sit in on class. But I have time to read on here...and people like KR and Pelle take time to help explain things that are "played out"...but man does that make my day...

Hope this helps why we search for the same thing everyone else is doing...

aj
I understand and admire your passion for creativity. We all have to start somewhere. I didnt mean to offend or discourage. I have learned a lot of valueable stuff from tutorials and from this forum. The learning process never stops.

I work with a lot of photographers some of which are looking for the latest trend in retouching - like the dave hill style.
No doubt Dave Hill is brilliant, as well as all the others - but that is HIS style that no one can truely come close to recreating. I am sure Dave Hill would be honored to know that eveyone wants to copy his work but Im sure he would be the first to tell you that the life of a picture has to start from the camera. His lighting setup is what brings real character to his images. It's not just a whole bunch of blending modes and highpass layers.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching