RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Help with Hair removal

Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM

Re: Help with Hair removal

Thanks Bart... your technique looks good...I'll have to try the pattern maker..sounds like it could work good.

I think this is a very nice shot... it can be strong colorful and bold... or muted and mysterious.

I always like the bold as you can tell and I like the eyes half hidden and colorful…lol… I personally think this would be a great candidate for the Soft Doir Technique.

However it works great bothways...I like Matthew's as well

Butch

Last edited by Daviskw; 11-14-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2007, 03:10 AM

A bit late, but liked the photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forehead-retouch-web.jpg (95.4 KB, 76 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2007, 06:56 PM

before/after

i thought i'd also do some minor changes. lots could be done on this. it's a great photo. the skinjob corrected the hairy forehead problem. afterwards i had some freetime to do a nosejob and color correction. hope i could help. here's the link to compare.
before/after
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 PM

Butch and Bart, I have tried making a pattern with skin and I don' get a good result. Would one or both of you go into a little detail about the method please?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:57 AM

here is mine....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forehwead.jpg (87.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg forehead2.jpg (97.1 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by superkoax; 11-28-2007 at 05:08 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfly1 View Post
Butch and Bart, I have tried making a pattern with skin and I don' get a good result. Would one or both of you go into a little detail about the method please?
You can try to blur out the area and lighten it and color management(to make it more balanced from the rest of the skin)...then copy a good area with clean skin on to a new layer and move it over the blurred area, use blend mode linear light and then use highpass filter to get more texture back...
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:47 AM

A couple of things come to mind to reduce the hairiness, you could copy the area to a new layer and then use a surface blur, drop the opacity of that layer to blend until the hairs are just starting to show through, or create a copy merged layer, take a snapshot, guassian or surface blur ever so slightly the affected area and then using the history brush, at low opacity, brush back the details. Just a couple of other thoughts in addition to the others
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfly1 View Post
We are only dealing with the fine textures here--ie., features less than about 5 pixels in size. In fact, the skin texture we want is more like 2 pixels. So before using the texture filter, duplicate the image and perform a highpass with a radius of about 1.5 to 2 pixels. This gets rid of the contours of her face. This is what we'll use to generate texture.

Now you can pick a small area on her face that already has no hair texture--I chose a spot in the center of her forehead just above her brow (see fig 2). Copy (ctrl-c) to put it into the clipboard. Then create a new blank layer and run the pattern maker. Check "use clipboard as sample" and click generate. Next click okay. You now have your texture--should look nice and uniform with no blotchiness.

Because of the mathematics of the highpass filter and linear light blend, this texture is actually twice as strong as you want--so you need to set the fill on this new texture to 50%.

Now when you linear-light combine it with the surface-blurred version, the texture strength will match what was already there except the hair is gone.

You can make further adjustments to that 50% fill if you want more or less strength in the texture. You can also re-do the highpass with a smaller radius to make the texture finer.

Bart
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching