RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Photoshop TOP Secrets!!!!!! DVD

Old 11-20-2007, 04:54 PM

Photoshop TOP Secrets!!!!!! DVD

I don't know if you have heard of this "Photoshop Top Secrets" DVD it sounds and looks interesting to me...it cost $179.00 and has 4 DVD's but they only have limited copies although Its been out since July

anyone here has it?? is it worth it???

link to the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpEwJzsFJ_g
offcial website
http://www.photoshoptopsecret.com/

Last edited by anonimo; 11-20-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2007, 05:24 PM

Re: Photoshop TOP Secrets!!!!!!

hya anonimo. I have the dvds and i think they are worth it, they give you great tips for all sorts of things. With a bonus disk of masking techniques its a great extra. But ill give you a little tip 'ebay' it just isnt worth the price they want you to pay for them so my advice is ebay, reletivly cheap and quick delivery you cant beat it
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2007, 05:31 PM

they are ok, but keep in the mind that the video clips are .flv format as opposed to Total Training which keep their videos as higher quality .mov format...
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2007, 05:57 PM

My friend lent me the set of his; I watched it a bit, but I couldn't get past the first DVD I watched. I couldn't seat through the way they try to show you how to get to point A to point D with everything in between when you can get to point D straight from point A to get the same result and done so nondestructively. I think they're ok. They're probably excellent for Photoshop beginners; however, there's nothing secretive about the techniques that are taught.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2007, 06:54 PM

Re: Photoshop TOP Secrets!!!!!! DVD

There is no secret technique you can learn from there...the ideas matter, the ideas on how to create an effect and after seeing it you might say: "oh what a great idea...why didn't I think of that" or "so there is no secret...just a lot of work". You may find tough some interesting tips that you can use in working with photoshop. I tried some of the techniques on some of my photos...check them out: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...8903941&size=l
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...ostream&size=o
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2007, 07:48 PM

I heard about this top secrets, before I was interested but then I've changed my mind I agree with qubic it's just a matter of hard work and commitment in your work then you will have a wonderful output...I've read some interesting books and tips about photoshop and I'm okay with it :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 PM

I've got'em and I learned some really useful stuff. I think anything that saves you time, stimulates creativity and allows you to master your trade in a more efficient, faster way...is a smart investment.

People spend fortunes on fast food, useless impulse buys and otherwise low ROI creature comforts...and then balk at spending a little cash on education and skill improving tools.

Incredible.

Damien
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2007, 11:32 PM

it's not a question os spending, but whether the dvd's are worth the price..the one big disadvantage of video training is you're stuck in front of the computer, i like to have something on paper that i can read at anytime and anyplace preferably away from anything electronic..the top secret dvd's do not come with any sort of pdfs...
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2007, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelzombie View Post
it's not a question os spending, but whether the dvd's are worth the price..the one big disadvantage of video training is you're stuck in front of the computer, i like to have something on paper that i can read at anytime and anyplace preferably away from anything electronic..the top secret dvd's do not come with any sort of pdfs...
Yeah, I understand completely. I personally like both video and some printable support material, but I dont Have to have it. Also, different people have different modalities that they learn best with. For example, my fiance who is a photographer and retoucher can NOT for the life of her learn from a book; she gets confused and overwhelmed. Yet, she can watch me do something one time and she's got it.

Learning is as personal and unique to each person as their artistic style and work flow.

AS far as if the DVDs are worth it?

That's simple to answer.

First
, find out what exactly is taught and i do believe the author shows samples of what is on each DVD.

Second, ask yourself "Could I perform this same retouch/composition technique right now if a client requested?" If yes...then there you go.

If you answer 'No, I couldn't'. Then all thats left is to ask "Would I want to know how to do these techniques taught on this DVD set?"

Third, If yes....then there you go.

Damien
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching