RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Pencil Sketch to color picture

Old 11-26-2007, 02:39 PM

Re: Pencil Sketch to color picture

Coraki

You'll probably get frustrated. Most of us did. I strongly recommend that you spend $25 and take out a subscription at Lynda.com to watch the videos on your softwrare of choice. (Make sure you cancel your subscription immediately. You may forget and get billed every month). It's an excellent introduction to your software of choice.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Patron

Swampy,
Excellent work!
It looks really good!
You have the patience of "Job" You are the best.. A true Helper/Teacher in every sense of the words..

BillFrey,
KUDOS, I tend to agree, especially after the response you got!

Coraki,
I am having mixed emotions as to whether to post or not.. This is the first time I have tried to color anything.. but my dilemma is how you responded to BillFrey.

BillFrey is absolutely correct in pointing out the rules of the forum. I am one of those people whom you spoke about who learns by doing photos for other folks. I am just a beginner at using Photoshop and the computer but have yet to ask anyone on this forum to do any work for me. No matter how detailed the person who did your work for you explains the process, you cannot learn crap without trying it yourself.

When you tell BillFrey to quit bugging you because he reminded/told you that the "Members are here to help people do their own restorations, not to do the work for them. This is your third thread requesting a free restoration." Then he enclosed the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) so you didn't have to look up yourself:

"Will you do my restoration/retouch/repair for me?"

"No. This is a site for learning, and we will gladly help you learn to do it yourself. We have a "Image Help" forum just for that purpose. Click on "Forums" on the navbar to get there. There is also a "Classifieds" forum if you're willing to pay one of our members to work on your photo."

Your response, "I'm done with you so do not bother with any more post to me" "I will relie on the good will of others to repond to my post who can show me what they can do" was akin to saying, "I don't want to here the rules! If these nice folks want to give me FREEBIES then I will take advantage of their good will and let them fill my plate" I seems you don't want to abide by the rules here but you do want to rely on the good will of the others to respond to your requests and show you the professional work they can do for you... for FREE!

I do not know about the other people here, but as a hobbyist I have a considerable investment in hardware and software to do what little that I do.. I wonder how it would be received if I went up to a professional house painter.. or even an apprentice painter and ask them something like this.. "I am new her, and don't know anything about painting and you do such GOOD work, I have a house here that I would like to see in a nice Mauve color, would you paint it for me? And, if you want or feel you need to, explain how you did it? I would be Sooo grateful! And, Oh By the Way, could you fix the shutters while you are up there? It wont take you long as you are sooo good.. and you can use my house as a learning experience instead of getting paid.... Oh, and do you know anyone who needs the practice mowing lawns?"

If our work is so great do you really think we need to practice on your pictures to improve our skills or show you how good we are?... NO.. (well, I might because I am not very good yet) In any case, we do your pictures to help you learn how to do them yourself or at least show you what is possible for you to strive for. It seems obvious to me that you think you have found a free place to get a few things done for you. It is my impression that you are not putting forth any effort to learn and only want to use us to get your little projects done for FREE.. Knowing that it would normally cost a substantial price and take from a week to a month or more to receive the final product, whereas, here you get a finished project in less than a day or sometimes even less than a hour from these good hearted people.. For FREE....

This is a group to share knowledge of how to .. not to be used so you can be grateful.. Your generous thanks and all those flowers from you like "You do it so well!" will not help us buy a new upgrade of PhotoShop, feed our families, or pay for the bandwidth used catering to your whims!

I enjoy HELPING people for free.. BUT I don't WORK for free and I despise being used!

Anyway, that's the conundrum that I faced.. I was working on your line art and when I got ready to post I saw the above conversations.. I certainly do not need your picture on my computer and my trash bin is full .. so I will post my try at your artwork..

As a show of respect to BillFrey... There will be no need for Coraki to respond to this post as I have now Added coraki to my Ignore List and will not see any posts from that name from here on..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SketchA.jpg (86.5 KB, 77 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 AM

OH MY! A sketch? whaaaat? I ask one question: Do we really need sketches here on the PHOTOretouch forum? Don't see any photo retouch related in this! try www.computerarts.co.uk nice site....
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2007, 02:10 AM

Here is the picture with the stain removed. No other work done. I would imagine that removing an unwanted color from a drawing might be similar to removing an unwanted color from a photograph. Then again, I an not a professional retoucher.

dc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mandrawing.jpg (167.9 KB, 40 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2007, 12:22 PM

Thumbs up Re: Pencil Sketch to color picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCobb View Post
Here is the picture with the stain removed. No other work done. I would imagine that removing an unwanted color from a drawing might be similar to removing an unwanted color from a photograph. Then again, I an not a professional retoucher.

dc

Hi DC

Thanks for removing the stain much appreciated,
will be seeing my niece in Sept 08 and when I show her what some of you wonderfull folks have done, I'm hoping it will encourage her to start sketching again
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2007, 01:53 PM

that's a great sketch!

pst...I think this belongs in restoration, not retouching, just a hint.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2007, 02:16 PM

Coraki,
Your neice has talent. Help her mom and dad get her a cheap computer and a wacom tablet. Set her off on a career in art.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2010, 05:21 AM

This is really nice pencil work, I like that. Actually the picture looks very nice after the color. Before color it looks good but the effect comes after the finishing. I am so much impressed by your work pal.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 PM

I think "parasite" describes it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2010, 06:40 PM

Very nice work Swampy and the original artist ......

BTW I have seen your work on PhotoBucket...impressed!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching