RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Pencil Sketch to color picture

Old 11-26-2007, 05:28 AM

Pencil Sketch to color picture

Hi All

I have this pencil sketch that a niece done many years ago
It had been thrown out and I rescued it as I though it was a good sketch

If you could all put color in to it bring him more to life I would greatly appreciated it , it also has a few oil stains on it one large one on the forehead
this would be great if you can remove or colored over it

The orginal sketch I have in a picture frame and it would be great to have one in color

My niece will be visting in September next years and it would be great to suppise her

looking for to the responses
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old Man.jpg (76.0 KB, 158 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2007, 06:06 AM

Re: Pencil Sketch to color picture

Hi, coraki,

I think you misunderstand RetouchPRO. Members are here to help people do their own restorations, not to do the work for them. This is your third thread requesting a free restoration.

List the program(s) you use and what skill level you have and I'm sure members will guide you through getting the most out of your restoration.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2007, 07:16 AM

Thumbs down Re: Pencil Sketch to color picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFrey View Post
Hi, coraki,

I think you misunderstand RetouchPRO. Members are here to help people do their own restorations, not to do the work for them. This is your third thread requesting a free restoration.

List the program(s) you use and what skill level you have and I'm sure members will guide you through getting the most out of your restoration.
Right now I have no skills in restoring and only three postings which are three differant situations I do not think that is to extensive. people learn in differant ways
some people like to help and show what they can do and learn by helping.
and they can explain what they did to improve the the photos and teaching the requester how it was done.
The people that jumped in to help restore my mothers photo which were several wonderful people showed their differant skill levels and I appreciate them very much.
These people are really great and wonderfull people
You could have at least explained what can be done
thanks for you negitive post.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2007, 08:04 AM

I tried to explain it nicely, but you replied rudely. Exactly what I expect from people looking for free work.

You have not read the rules of this site.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/faq...faq_free_labor

Quote:
Will you do my restoration/retouch/repair for me?
No. This is a site for learning, and we will gladly help you learn to do it yourself. We have a "Image Help" forum just for that purpose. Click on "Forums" on the navbar to get there. There is also a "Classifieds" forum if you're willing to pay one of our members to work on your photo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2007, 08:49 AM

Coraki

A little work with the clone stamp and healing brush should remove the oil stains. I love the aged look and would leave the sepia tonaility as is. Great sketch.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFrey View Post
I tried to explain it nicely, but you replied rudely. Exactly what I expect from people looking for free work.

You have not read the rules of this site.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/faq...faq_free_labor

My reponse to your post was not being rude I thought you were the one being rude, like I said you did not respond with any help at all, all you did was complain that is being negitive.

I'm done with you so do not bother with any more post to me

I will relie on the good will of others to repond to my post
who can show me what they can do or what suggestions on how or how they did it what programs they use
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
My reponse to your post was not being rude I thought you were the one being rude, like I said you did not respond with any help at all, all you did was complain that is being negitive.
No, I was not being rude, I was following the rules of this site. You never did ask for help to restore your image. You asked for the members to do it for you.

You never did mention what help you need for you to restore your photo. You never said what programs you are using. I helped by asking you to tell us those things so that you might get the appropriate help for you to restore your photo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Coraki

A little work with the clone stamp and healing brush should remove the oil stains. I love the aged look and would leave the sepia tonaility as is. Great sketch.
Hi Swampy

Thanks for responding and the suggestions very much appreciated.
I think when I first copied the Sketch to my computer I accidently did the sepia and had left it that way.
When I first saw this sketch by my niece I thought it was good and
when my father said the sketch made him depressed I though it had to be really good to have an afect on some one like that, not that I wanted my father depressed
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2007, 01:33 PM

Coraki

Here's my version.

I've also copied my layer stack for the workflow.

Dupe, (always work on a backup layer!!!). Clone, heal dark oil stain. Stamp Visible, desaturate, levels adjustment to reomove all yellow. Paint layers... lips, eyes, skin, hair etc. And finally a dodge and burn layer to add a little shadow to the (your) right side of his face.

As with most workflows read from the bottom of the layer's stack up. There are exceptions, but not in my case. Ack!!!! I can't remember what I did on the "Layer 1". I think there's nothing there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg painted-sketch.jpg (9.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg layers.jpg (19.2 KB, 57 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2007, 02:32 PM

Thumbs up Re: Pencil Sketch to color picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Coraki

Here's my version.

I've also copied my layer stack for the workflow.

Dupe, (always work on a backup layer!!!). Clone, heal dark oil stain. Stamp Visible, desaturate, levels adjustment to reomove all yellow. Paint layers... lips, eyes, skin, hair etc. And finally a dodge and burn layer to add a little shadow to the (your) right side of his face.

As with most workflows read from the bottom of the layer's stack up. There are exceptions, but not in my case. Ack!!!! I can't remember what I did on the "Layer 1". I think there's nothing there.
Thanks Swampy,

I will have to look in to getting paint shop.
I know the Forum has a lot of information but it is a little over welming and some what dutch when you do not know where to begin or what it is you need to do to get some results.
I like what you did to the sketch, the added chart you posted was a nice touch and will be a big help.

Thank you, you are very much appreciated
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching