RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How many use Wacom tablets?

Old 12-01-2007, 10:11 AM

Re: How many use Wacom tablets?

Everyone in the high end part of the industry use Wacom's it seems to be standard
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2007, 10:36 AM

I have a Graphire 4 at home and an Intuous 3 at work. We have Photoshop on 3 PCs at work but only my desk had a tablet. Once everyone got used to the tablet there were 5 people fighting over the use of it. We now have 2 tablets and life is a lot less tense. (And I have my desk back!! YAY!)

Just switched to the airbrush tip and like it much better than the regular tip. I like the feel of it better, as well as the improved control.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2007, 11:30 AM

Maybe another question is, "who uses a Wacom for 100% of functions?". I can't, and find a mouse is much easier to use for path cutting and fine mask cutting, and other common functions. I'd go so far as to say that Wacoms are responsible for many of the lousy masks I see.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
Maybe another question is, "who uses a Wacom for 100% of functions?". I can't, and find a mouse is much easier to use for path cutting and fine mask cutting, and other common functions. I'd go so far as to say that Wacoms are responsible for many of the lousy masks I see.
good point as i find the tablets to be TOO sensitive, i can slow down the speed of the cursor, but there is no control over the actual sensitivity of the pen unless i am missing something...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Maybe another question is, "who uses a Wacom for 100% of functions?".
I do. I don't actually own a mouse.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2007, 02:50 PM

100% it takes a bit of getting used to, I had the same issue with paths at first - but now I find it so much faster. Keep at it
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelzombie View Post
good point as i find the tablets to be TOO sensitive, i can slow down the speed of the cursor, but there is no control over the actual sensitivity of the pen unless i am missing something...

to do path work I use a gaming laser mouse! they are very accurate on very small moves with the cursor! My A4 TECH gaming mouse ( http://www.a4tech.com/en/product2.as...103&MNO=X-750F) can go from 600 to 2500dpi by just clicking a button on the mouse! a good replacement for what I call a bad wacom mouse
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmen View Post
strictly use the wacom tablet for colour correction and retouching??
I use one... sometimes. I find that the mouse is better for some things and the tablet is much better for others. The primary benefit of the Tablet is the pressure sensitivity, IMO. I prefer the mouse for things like outlining or tracing.

It took a while for me to get used to it too. I had to force myself to use it, but now any painting type of stroke seems barbaric with a mouse ;-)

And, like superkoax, my mouse is a high end gaming mouse with 3 levels of precision.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoax View Post
to do path work I use a gaming laser mouse! they are very accurate on very small moves with the cursor! My A4 TECH gaming mouse ( http://www.a4tech.com/en/product2.as...103&MNO=X-750F) can go from 600 to 2500dpi by just clicking a button on the mouse! a good replacement for what I call a bad wacom mouse
i wish the wacom tablets allowed you to have that much control....when do you switch the settings on the mouse?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2007, 04:02 PM

The main reason that I don't use the pen for everything is, to type I have to lay the pen down. Since I am left handed, this is true for even editing commands such as copy and paste. Since much of my work is technical writing, I am often running programs that are not graphic specific. In this case I find it is easier to use the mouse, where I can leave it on the pad, and just let go of it. When in Photoshop though, the pen rules. When using 3DMax, it's back to the mouse, since you need the middle click wheel much of the time.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching