RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Nice brown skintones like....

Old 12-15-2007, 11:12 AM

Re: Nice brown skintones like....

Thanks Pelle- yes you are totally right about bluescreen. ive just started and boy! - this gives endlees possibilities. If you asked me !/2 year ago i would have said that compositing was like cheating. I love to hear from a pro like you that getting rid of colorspill takes a lot of manual tweaking- gives me hope allthough its been allmost ok untill now. One thing i like to know is how to make that full body shot - i mean how to light without getting shadows so the extraction gets as smooth as possible. Im going to shoot green sc. tomorrow and i cant wait to have those two images to play with in photoshop. Yes this is awesome.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2007, 12:16 PM

Its hard to get even lighting, at least if you dont have a lot of lights and room. Especially if you want to do low key portraits or simulate night lighting. I dont get it even myself and certainly not when going for lot of contrasty lighting on the subject with lots of shadows.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2007, 04:27 AM

I think you do allright - wow! see you have famous persons as well. I dont have any of those things - have small room and some bowens lights, But its okay - im realistic about my situation regarding my skills and customers - do a littel children foto but im tired of that. Here is a littel self portrait on green screen i did yesterday - i have a hard time getting people to voulenteere for those kind of shots - would love to do a littel bit of those beautyshots - Mybe i kind find some beutyfull girls here in copenhange
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (98.2 KB, 151 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2007, 04:30 AM

Should say " maybe i can"
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2007, 07:22 AM

I like your image a lot. Sort of a smooth Dave Hill style.

I dont have brand name strobes, I use these very cheap chinese kits like you find on Ebay.

Only thing about the image is that the right bullet hole maybe should have som more blur to it , like the top one has.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 AM

Just to wrap up hour conversation. Are you not the photographer doing the images on "studiobild"? Thats what ive got the impression of - its just that .... !!! are you using cheap E-bay lights for those beautyfull shots? Its just because im one of those guys that , whenever i see images i like , i think that they are shot with highend equipment and i start counting my pocketchange for buying some new things - Pelle - are you kidding me? Not that E-bay is bad -i just got some cheap ebay remote triggers - and they work great for 100 kr !!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2007, 12:06 PM

Thumbs up Re: Nice brown skintones like....

It was not to sound negative about the equipment - i love to here about someone doing so beautyfull shots like you do with less expensive equipment - goes to show that you dont allways need profoto ´something or broncolor anything.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2007, 01:04 PM

I use the cheapest things I can find =) Im on a tight budget. I use a brand called QH ( at least here in Sweden, I guess they are sold under many different names ). They are just 110 ws strobes, but thats enough in my very limited space in my small apartement.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2007, 05:55 AM

Talking Re: Nice brown skintones like....

Hard to imagine you doing those images in alittel arpartment in Stockholm. Ofcourse bluescreen can make it seem like one has a warehouse to photograph in. Looking at your portfolio makes me think that youve got a lot of knowledge on how to avoide and remove/correct colorspill when photographing greenscreen. Im starting to wonder if there is better colors for close - i mean if different colors of close are more resistant than others for reflictive colorspill - are you much aware of this when shooting a customer on bluescreen? or do you just correct what comes along? I promise this is my last q - for now
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2007, 06:07 AM

Many use a 18% grey background but that will require other methods of extraction, like channels and layermasks.
The hair always contain not only spill but as it is somewhat transparent it will pick up additional blue.So much of the hair has to be recolored. Especially when using a fan and there is a lot of stray hairs.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching