RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Should I trust this video???

Old 01-08-2008, 11:57 AM

Re: Should I trust this video???

he does have a section on d&b that's decent.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2008, 12:02 PM

i think a vid of chris' work in action, should he do it, would be best bet for you guys, because d&b is a lot simpler than most think....it's developing you aesthetic / eye, that will be tougher, take more time than actually learning how to operate the d&b controls.

i wouldn't rely on the dvd's teaching a broad spectrum.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2008, 12:39 PM

I am going to definitely do it. Just a matter right now of putting together a decent enough content package and getting it done. I am sure no one wants to watch me retouch a model for 5 hours.

Thanks for the tip on Ambrosia's software Captain Hook. That is what I was leaning towards and you an others only confirmed it.

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket1961 View Post
I am sure no one wants to watch me retouch a model for 5 hours.
Chris

Don't be so sure, I wouldn't mind at all..:-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2008, 02:37 PM

I do also!

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2008, 03:31 PM

RUUD: Hmmmm...sounds good! but does it taste as good as it sounds? GIVE US FEEDBACK WHEN YOU GET, RUUD! OK?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2008, 06:46 PM

Ummm...I also bought the video and should get here sometime this week. I will keep an open mind, but for $157, it better have something to offer. If not, I wouldn't support any other videos he plans to produce in the future. I'll gladly pay money for a good tutorial, but to do so it must be better than what is provided by the photo shop guys. I too will let you know.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2008, 07:03 PM

I attended a photoshop seminar at last years photoexpo and all I can say is that Chris offered up more info in his alloted time (which was cut short) than the other two speakers combined.

I would preorder a DVD that is still just a thought to him right now if offered.

I too ordered the DVD should be here Thurs. and as I have really come to terms with D&B, my skin retouching looks great but I'm just looking for any other tips and tricks.

As for working on one layer and being destructive, I think most of us here can figure out how to use a good technique on a different layer.

I look forward to seeing for myself but I am really looking forward to seeing what Chris has coming!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I am sure no one wants to watch me retouch a model for 5 hours.
I sure would.

Just a thought, you could have "deleted scenes" of some sort so that people could watch the tut, and if they choose watch the whole process from start to finish, rather than what a lot of them do, " I'll pause the video" and when they come back its all done. Which I can inderstand because of attention span and video size (but hey DVD+R's are cheap )

Quote:
I am going to definitely do it. Just a matter right now of putting together a decent enough content package and getting it done.
Thats Great! i'm glad to hear that. You can count me in on whatever tutorial you make.

One thing I would like to see Chris is more information about retouching from apply image...I have it set on my sticky notes to try and get deeper into that but from my limited expermenting I can't really "color correct" like your article in Katrin's book. It looks like a very powerfull tool that I hardly ever use. And of course problem skin retouching would be great too, as seen in the DVD talked about, retouching fairly clear skin is pretty straightfoward.

As far as the DVD, mine came in today and....

I wish the DVD had a section on skin retouching for the dark haired lady with sunglasses, she had some pretty rough skin on her upper cheek. Using the methods he teaches I could replicate his "after" picture on the psd, it just took a long time.

So far at first glance I would say I am happy with my purchase, it's not a bargain but there isn't anything else out there like this either. At $200 it's pretty steep unless your just starting out. I didn't think there would be so much primer on the tools, which for series one is ok, and if you never used them you would be lost. Perhaps he will get more advanced in the future releases. I will finish watching it tonight and leave another post either later tonight or tomorrow evening.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2008, 07:52 PM

So if you were the giving stars...5 being the best...how would you rate this video?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching